Gig Posters

Posters: 155198 | Bands: 135211 | Designers: 11481                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Premium Member

Comments

Tom Vek
    Dntel
    Notwist
    Caribou and Manitoba before them
    Fourtet
    Clinic, Faint, Enon (and that kinda flavour)

subtle, why?, lots of that Lex Anticon stuff

some ninjatune weirdness - Coldcut and Jon Spencer hooked up in 06 that was interesting

I make electronic music, so I guess it's fair to say I'm into it too.

Have you heard any of the stuff Ctrl-Z and Screwface have done together? I hate the name of the genre, but some nuskool breaks stuff is pretty cool. Hardcore Beats puts out some lousy shit, but they put out some really compelling stuff too. Their Hardwired compilation has some terrific stuff. It's got a few clunkers, but when it's good, it's great. The Rogue Element's Rogue Rock is also a good time.

As for older stuff, Kraftwerk was great before they went on auto pilot, and I really dig some Front 242. I think Up Evil is a criminally underappreciated album. I dig some electro too, but only in small doses. After a while, it has a sameness to it that gets boring.

I'm struggling with Boyz Noise. Honestly, I hate the name of the band, and I think most of the songs on Oi Oi Oi are kind of half-baked. I think you could take chunks of two or three songs, chop them up, put them together, and make one really good song. I still find myself going back to it, but it really leaves me cold.

Am I the only one who was bored to tears with the Chemical Brothers' We Are the Night? The fact that it got nominated for a Grammy for best electronic album tells me that the nominations for that category are based on name recognition rather than actual artistic merit. Blah!

For those of you into hip-hop, what do you think of grime cats like Dizzee Rascal and Lady Sovereign?

Lady Sovereign is alright. A little. My daughter likes her.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by 9pod9 View Post
    For those of you into hip-hop, what do you think of grime cats like Dizzee Rascal and Lady Sovereign?
    It took me a while to warm up to Dizzee. I was like, why are all these critics wetting themselves over him? I dunno...a couple of singles from his second album made me come around.
    Lady Sovereign. She's cute. Musically, she's okay.
    "ENM is pure sex." - Frank Kozik
    PortfolioPhotosBlog

Quote Originally Posted by El Negro Magnifico! View Post
    Here's the spot to keep up to date on Canadian indie rap shit:
    UGSMAG – Canada’s Independent Hip Hop Magazine
    That site says it's contact is CINCINNATI OH..

My bro out here is a indy m.c. but not to savvy on the web. I'd love to plug him on some candian sites!

MySpace.com - Estea Elements - LANGFAB - Hip Hop / Punk / Rap - www.myspace.com/esteael

Cheers..
    S.

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

I've always loved Kraftwerk.
    Crosshair pushing here until its limit the bringing together.

www.crosshairchicago.com

"Every single Crosshair poster I've ever seen is almost exactly the same. Do these guys even have a bit of creativity in them? I mean, come one - shitty old building pics photoshopped with text over them. Pretty pathetic to say the least."

"it just seems like so little effort is put into creating this? am i missing something?"

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by THE PiNCH View Post

subtle, why?, lots of that Lex Anticon stuff

YES! Clouddead, themselves, doseone.....all awesome.

Not too into rap and hiphop... it's ok... Dalek and Saul Williams are decent. I am however a big fan of EBM and older industrial, futurepop too, but thats getting a bit fruity these days. Still, I must confess my love for VNV and IoC and A23.

Here.

Finishing up posters for Autechre and JUSTICE shows!

I feel like most of those shows skipped DC in the past, but are now becoming commonplace here.

I'm still pissed MSTRKRFT is playing the same night in B-More, when Justice is playing DC in March. They should say F it and play the after party.

Also, I really enjoying everything coming out of Ed Banger these days...