Gig Posters

Posters: 155148 | Bands: 135208 | Designers: 11481                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Thread: Steve Walters

Comments

hey,

Just wanted to let to let everyone know that I am planning a show for Steve Walters of Screwball Press in July. Steve is a great artist that has been producing gig posters for the Chicago scene since 91, and has an absolutey huge body of work. I've posted a few of his pieces here and on my website, but a lot more will be coming when we can get the images ready. Anyone in the area is welcome to stop by for the opening.
    Check out my site for more information, and I'll post again when the show gets closer.

http://www.hammersmithstudios.com

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hammersmith on 2002-05-08 19:55 ]</font>

Comments

hey hammersmith,

I saw on your site that you're selling a Chris Francis print! I went to school with that kid! One of the most inspiring people I've ever met in my life!

He dropped out of MICA in spring of his senior year on a ful scholarship...and when you leave MICA you have to fill out forms saying why you're leaving and he wrote "I want to be a hobo" and he went and hopped trains for like a year and a half after that. Do you know how to get in touch with him?! I heard there was a "This American Life" on NPR about him too!

Steve Walters' show you're putting together looks awesome too.... too bad I'm so so far away...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nolen Strals on 2002-05-08 204 ]</font>

Comments

I ordered those prints from a site, http://www.workhorsevisuals.com

If it's the same guy, I'd guess you can get a hold of him through there. He does some really great stencils with an old time propaganda feel.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hammersmith on 2002-05-08 207 ]</font>

Comments

yeah I know workhorse. he used to live here. yeah. that guy. shit. I wish I could get em from someone I liked... that guy left here with most people thinking he was a jerk and kinda pretentious and wanting oh so badly to be shepard fairey.... ah well... thanks for the link at least.