Gig Posters

Posters: 155148 | Bands: 135216 | Designers: 11481                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Comments

Default Jacquard Silkscreening ink...

is it new? have you guys used it?
    I just did a 4-color with it, and its super stout and sheeny almost like house paint.

Comments

Interesting, never heard of them. I know a few jacktards however.

Premium Member

Comments

i just picked up a jar of the white. it says it's good for fabrics, all you have to do is heat set it like the speedball fabric inks. hopefully it'll work out ok.

Premium Member

Comments

I know you've been digging that stuff lately Sei Rey - isn't it hella spendy, though?
    Shizouka!

Brg!

"I don't know shit about screenprinting and can still tell all the questions you ask are retarded." -Blonde
    I can't imagine being in this position and saying to myself "Hey! I bet the people at Gigposters will be helpful!". -Phoon

Comments

yeah, almost double the regular...somebody might know the hookup?

Comments

whatchoo mean by 'stout'?

Comments

I guess the richness of the color quality / hue.

I was going to ask about this ink too.

They have 2 kinds, the Jacquard line being the pro/fine art line, and Vesatex being (i think) their speedball comparable one.

Jacquard Versatex Screen Inks - Easy to use screen inks ideal for schools and other organizations
    Jacquard Screen Inks - Professional screen inks with extended open time

Premium Member

Comments

this is mostly all we use. been using it for years! i used to get a discount at the art store, but we found it here for a good quantity discount:

Versatex Printing Ink

if you use a fixer additive, it is great on fabric, unless you are printing on darks and have an underbase... it does NOT stick well to the underbase... reds especially, wash out and turn pinkish. white on black = BEAUTIFUL! i have shirts that have been washed over 20 times in hot water and the stuff holds up just as well as any plastisol, only it has a lighter feel on the shirt.

we use it for all our posters as well. it's good stuff! you gotta buy a lot of it to get a good discount tho.

i tried the new pro screen ink stuff... not sure if there is really that much of a difference. it did stay wet in the screen longer... not sure how well it holds up on fabrics.

Comments

A local store has a half-decent selection of Versatex ink. Ive used it a few times for smaller shirt runs using "method B" on the label, Ironing the backside. I normally iron the front as well just to be sure. They don't always cure so well though I've had a couple wash out or fade, but the majority hold up well. Does their fixer additive make it air cure? I've been meaning to look into it as spending about 2 minutes ironing each shirt makes me shy away from printing shirts often. Its a nice ink to print with though, very thick, and the super opaque white (346) covers well enough for my needs on everything but red.