This poster was my first collaboration with Alice Phieu (evilalicecorp) so I thought I would take some cellphone photos as it progressed. This poster was printed over a two-day period.
Alice drew the girl in the tub and sent to me as a Photoshop file, and I built up the rest of the design around that central theme using a combination of CorelDRAW and Photoshop. I'd show that process but my PC is out of comission and Corel doesn't work on mac.
After a few back and fourths we ended up with the following finished design.
So, with the design finished and approved by the promoter, it's off to the studio.
First up, let's coat some screens. I use QTX emulsion. Safe to handle in room light.
Then into the drying cabinet with them.
While those are drying, time to print out the films. Thank god for the Epson 7600 printer.
So the screens are drying and the films are printing, let's mix up the ink. $8 mixer from Wal-mart saves a lot of time and effort.
I skipped over the burning and wash out of the screens, but you get the idea. Time to start printing.
Very important to flood between each print.
Our first colour - light blue.
This is about 1/3rd of the way through the 100 print run.
When I'm done, I like to clean and reclaim the screens immediately. Avoids most of the hazing issues and things clean up faster and easier.
Here's the second colour - split fountain green with some transparency overprint on the blue. Easy way to make more colours than you actually print.
Then the black.
Here's a shot of the cleaning prints (monoprints) on the silver run.
And finally, a bad shot of the finished poster clipped up to the wall. All done!
Wish I had a better shot of the finished poster but my digital camera broke, so all I have is the cellphone. Anyway, hope you like the process thread.