My wife and I finally pulled our first print this week and while I feel we have a ton more to learn, we are very proud of the final product.
We decided to challenge ourselves with a halftone right off the start. Surprisingly, the halftone was not an issue at all compared to the other messes we ran across. Registering the second color was an absolute nightmare. After ruining about 12 prints we eventually got on a roll. We also had some issues with losing some detail on the edges. Luckily, our design is kind of made to look aged, so the little things are not bothering me too much. About half way through the first color, we started solving that problem as well.
All and all, I am very happy with it and I can't thank you guys enough for answering all of the n00b questions. I would especially like to thank Andy for writing an incredible book. Between his book and this forum I feel like I owe somebody tuition for Screenprinting 101.
We really look forward to our next run. For now I am going to spend some time getting our little space a bit more feng shui. Using cymbal stands for make shift drying racks is a bit cumbersome!
The table- Thanks for the plans Andy!
DW 9000 Cymbal Stands are great for drying posters!
My lovely wife holding the final product. We could have at least picked one of the good ones for this picture. This one has the faded left side on the green, but you get the idea. The flash on the camera made the green look crazy!