Gig Posters

Posters: 156388 | Bands: 135994 | Designers: 11550                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Second Generation

So, my oldest son will be applying tomorrow for a job as a screen printer. It's a job he has a 99% chance of getting as the owner is one of my best friends.

I told him he could look at it two ways. He could look at it as just a "job" or as a potential career. He seems interested in possibly making a career of it. We'll see how he feels after 6 months of pulling a squeegee all day.

WOW,good luck.Hope your son does well and enjoys.Must give you some satisfaction that he might be following in dad's footsteps.Very cool.

I haven't printed anything in many moons. I got my start in the art world printing though. But, it's just nice to have him interested in a craft. And it helps it's something i know about and have so many resources that I can direct him towards.

I mean I got a direct line to The Andy's for crying out loud.

Comments

is there a 1% chance he'll shit his pants during the interview or something?

Comments

My oldest son will be celebrating 2 years of life tomorrow. He can't color in a space yet but he does draw a colored line in every area that counts.

If anything your son won't be lazy sitting behind a computer all day. I say it's a good start whether he sticks with it or not. Congrats on spreading your influence.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumFluoride View Post
    I haven't printed anything in many moons. I got my start in the art world printing though. But, it's just nice to have him interested in a craft. And it helps it's something i know about and have so many resources that I can direct him towards.

I mean I got a direct line to The Andy's for crying out loud.
    Looks like hes headed in the right direction and with your support hes off to a
    great start and down the path to much success.Good luck once again MF!

Comments

I am an oldest son. My dad does not appreciate the fact that im studying architecture instead of engineering.

Edit: Congratz btw. hopeully he's got skillz like you.

There is a 1% chance he and the owner will decide he's not right for the job. But, I doubt that will happen. Even if he shit his pants... he'd get the job.

The downside and the reason I'm at all concerned about the whole thing is that he doesn't have a car or drive and the shop is a 20 mile bus ride back and forth. He isn't very fond of riding the bus. My guess is he'll find a girl to drive him. Until he saves enough to get a car of course.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteyhouston View Post
    is there a 1% chance he'll shit his pants during the interview or something?

Comments

Cool. I wish him luck!

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Bahr View Post
    I am an oldest son. My dad does not appreciate the fact that im studying architecture instead of engineering.

Edit: Congratz btw. hopeully he's got skillz like you.
    My wife was an architect. We will strongly advise our girls to pick another path if they want to study design. The theory is pretty cool, the practice is just plain terrible. Unless you like pushing paper all day.

Engineers get paid far better than architects.