Gig Posters

Posters: 155580 | Bands: 135525 | Designers: 11505                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default Emulsion Question

Soup People.

I've been screen printing for about a year now. Started by buying mostly speedball stuff at the local art store and it's worked pretty decently for me thus far. I print mostly on vinyl sticker paper but also on paper, fabric & plastic (blank cds). I don't really print a whole lot and am very close to running out of my original 26oz emulsion.

I looked around and tried a few thread topic searches to no avail, so what I'm looking for is kinda an emulsion guide. What kinds are good for what type of printing and what people think of them and such. I don't know if such a thing exists here and that info might just be split up into a bunch of different threads. I guess that I'm really just looking for suggestions on different types of emulsion.

Like I said. I print on vinyl a lot but also paper, fabric & plastic. I use water based versatex general purpose ink, speedball acrylic and also regular water based latex on vinyl stuff that's going to need to be weather proof. I couldn't tell ya my mesh count, but I've been using some newer screens that's a higher count than the generic speedball ones i used to use (i haven't got to the point of stretching my own screens).

So what do you guys think?
    Thanks In Advance.

Comments

Emulsion for you,
    You did not search hard enough
    Try the threads again.

(I declare Haiku day)

Comments

Here's a Haiku,
    This could help you in your search,
    finding some emulsion

Link

this will not

Comments

you may get a quicker, more direct response if you look up a printing supply shop near you. There's a national chain called Tubelite...you could look them up or even call victory factory...

Comments

thanks for the help guys. i'll search around more.

one more question though. i've read warnings on some of these descriptions about freeze/thaw cycles being bad. so it would probably be a bad idea to have this stuff shipped to me in wisconsin right now since the temp. is hovering around the single digits? is this the case for all emulsions? i'll be home to grab it from the mail man so it's not gonna sit outside and i'd assume that their trucks are heated. should i even worry about this?

Premium Member

Comments

FWIW, I like Murakami Photocure TXR.. Probably better stuff out there, but it works for me and I don't want to fuxx around with that works.

HEY LOOK! Clay implemented SPELL CHECK!
    Shizouka!

Brg!

"I don't know shit about screenprinting and can still tell all the questions you ask are retarded." -Blonde
    I can't imagine being in this position and saying to myself "Hey! I bet the people at Gigposters will be helpful!". -Phoon

I use Ulano 925WR - works for most anything, (textile or graphic) great exposure latitude, water resistant, sharp with multiple coats, and it reclaims instantly.

I used to use Chromaline CP5/WR but I find the Ulano is more forgiving if the exposure time is a bit off and the stencils are more durable.

FWIW.