Gig Posters

Posters: 154911 | Bands: 135044 | Designers: 11471                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Premium Member

Comments

Default Photoshop Brushes to simulate Pencils

I'm looking for some brushes to simulate pens and pencils. Not only shapes, but some hints on settings to get accurate looking pencils.

I did a search and saw some threads on brushes but nothing specifically for pencils.
    My Gallery of Posters: http://www.popfuel.com/gallery

Comments

Premium Member

Comments

I gotcha back boi, I was doing this the other day actually. Just select a normal, round brush, then click at the top right hand of the screen, where there's a little tab labeled "Brushes." To make it look like a pencil, you need to play with the options in "shape dynamics." First, drag "size jitter" up to 100%, then drag "minimum diameter" to between 30% and 70% (just see how skraggly you want the pencil to look). "Angle jitter" should be at 100%, "roundness jitter" around 60%, and "minimum roundness" anywhere between 0 and 100 depending on how round or how sketchy you want the pencil to be. I also click the "Noise" option on the left collumn of options. And there you go. Should look a lot like a pencil line. I was trying to do the HOF poster when I realized I left off some of the info, so I just moused it in with the pencil-brush I made. You couldn't tell it was computer generated.

Comments

thats a good tip, thanks. i saved that text, works pretty good. didnt know about that menu in the top right hand of the screen

Premium Member

Comments

thats great - I can imagine using that for exactly the same sort of circumstance as you GPB - beats fiddling with the scanner - thanks

Premium Member

Comments

No problem. The brush pallete is really helpful. You can get lots of cool effects with the scattering.

Comments

That's cool, thanks!