Gig Posters

Posters: 154460 | Bands: 134614 | Designers: 11442                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default mystery emulsion remover for QTX

yeah...

This is probably a lost cause: I'm trying to figure out the name of a emulsion remover that I used in a community printmaking studio a while ago. It was in a red Ulano gallon bucket, the consistency of Elmer's paste (remember that crazy stuff?!) and the color of Ulano stencil remover#4.

Any suggestions? I went thru the Ulano site and couldnt find it. (and yes, I do plan on contacting the peeps at the studio, but it will take then eons to get back to me as usual...)

thanks in advance!

Comments

I use Autotype CPS Stencil remover and it works for all the different emulsions we use. Not sure about your specific one though.

Comments

Hm. I used QTX for awhile and this stuff seems to remove it as well as anything: CC ER80 Emulsion/Stencil Remover Concentrate (Makes 1 Gallon!)

Strip-e-doo from Franmar works well on removing QTX.

Premium Member

Comments

Strip-e-doo is the best remover we've used. Ulano #4 isn't quite as good, but we're using it right now because we're out of the former.

Quote Originally Posted by cree View Post
    Strip-e-doo is the best remover we've used. Ulano #4 isn't quite as good, but we're using it right now because we're out of the former.
    that stip-e-doo sounds awesome. on the website it says,"made from soybeans".

i'm ordering it the next time i need more remover...

Comments

Thanks! I'll try the strip-e-doo stuff. I agree, the #4 is a big bag of suck, especially for the ghetto at-home set-up I have. (and the fact im still learning) The #4 leaves etched in emulsion lines where the edged of my glass meet the screen when im exposing... Im hoping a different remover and maybe some more 'strategery' in the light-department will solve this (hopefully).