Gig Posters

Posters: 156357 | Bands: 135960 | Designers: 11547                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default printer suggestions

I screwed up and bought a Xante screenwriter 4. After over a month dealing with crappy tech support I have decided to call it a loss for now and buy something else. After being burnt on the Xante I dont want to screw up again and buy something with problems. I need something that will print big films, around 18X24 would be nice, and I have my eye on an Epson 3000. What do you guys use? Is the 3000 the way to go? Are the newer Epsons going to provide me with any useful bells and whistles that the 3000 doesn't?

I found this ebay listing.

NEW_EPSON_STYLUS_COLOR_3000_PRINTER_-_1_YEAR_WARRANTY! - (eBay item 230192127635 end time Nov-21-07 11:42:51 PST)

Do you guys know a trusty reseller for the Epson 3000?

Thanks

We use the Epson 3000 all day everyday. The largest film is 17 x 22 Inches on the 3000.

It is a work horse.

$850.00 seems hella steep even tho its NOS.

$300.00 used is average.

We've got a extra one sitting here that was used for sublimation inks. You would have to get the black head replaced for it to print films. We'll sell it cheap to another screen printer who will actually get some use for it. We are in B.C. Canada so shipping might be a bitch!?

Comments

Hp Cp1700

Comments

I have always used epson. the black is a nice dense black and because the image in NOT applied with heat like a Xante you don't have the warping problems that happen with a laser printer. Which will give you registration problems

-loco

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by S.Blake View Post
    We use the Epson 3000 all day everyday. The largest film is 17 x 22 Inches on the 3000.

It is a work horse.

$850.00 seems hella steep even tho its NOS.

$300.00 used is average.

We've got a extra one sitting here that was used for sublimation inks. You would have to get the black head replaced for it to print films. We'll sell it cheap to another screen printer who will actually get some use for it. We are in B.C. Canada so shipping might be a bitch!?
    agreed on the price.

we used a epson 3000 for a couple years before moving up to the 7600. I really liked it. I will say that the roll feed will cause registration problems on it because it is not a motorized feeder, but the 17x22 sheet fed way rules, worked greeat for us.

on the good site of the xante issue, you will have a great laser printer for printing paper for a long time.

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

Here's the thing about the price....

Yeah you can find a 3000 on ebay for $300 easily.
    There is a reason the world is full of dead 3000's people want to get rid of.
    I'd say there's about a 75% chance of it getting fucked up in shipping if it isn't carefully taken apart, prepared for shipping and packed perfectly by someone who knows what they're doing. (assuming it isn't fucked already, which is quite likely on a used inkjet that someone claims "works great.") Then, have fun making the claim.
    Chances of needing a new print head are also very high. Then, prepare to send you 75lb $300 printer to Epson who will take a long time and charge you upwards of $200 to replace it. You will also pay shipping. And there's two more chances to damage the printer in transit.

I bought one of those $850 reconditioned 3000's (actually $500-something, trading in a fucked-up 3000) and it was worth every penny. Everything works perfectly on this notoriously finicky and fragile printer, and it is warrantied to boot. The guy has been happy to provide support and advice, and he knows the things inside and out. Consider how much a $300 ebay 3000 will likely end up costing you in maintenence, disrupted workflows, dead weight, etc..

A completely overhauled $850 printer that works perfectly, will pay for itself in no time if you use it regularly. It is not a bad deal at all.
    If you want to spend $300 for an Epson 3000, get one off of craigslist where you can check it out thoroughly yourself, i.e., print a positive on the medium you will be using. Otherwise, you're shaking the dice on crappy crappy odds.
    Crosshair pushing here until its limit the bringing together.

www.crosshairchicago.com

"Every single Crosshair poster I've ever seen is almost exactly the same. Do these guys even have a bit of creativity in them? I mean, come one - shitty old building pics photoshopped with text over them. Pretty pathetic to say the least."

"it just seems like so little effort is put into creating this? am i missing something?"

Comments

Thanks for all the input guys.Anyone want to buy a Xante? Its really cool.

Premium Member

Comments

If you're going to spend $850, you might as well spend $1200 on an Epson 7600. I finally got mine working properly and it sure is nice not to have to tape up films anymore for things larger than 17x22.

However, my 3000 still prints darker films than my 7600. It's a pretty great film printer.
    My Gallery of Posters: http://www.popfuel.com/gallery