Gig Posters

Posters: 155569 | Bands: 135482 | Designers: 11505                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default Howdy...new to the boards.

Hey kids.

New to the boards, been lurking around, and think it's a great community. Where was this when I was stuck in suburbia years ago...

In the process of building my own studio, read much of the help offered through posts here, stocked up on beer because apparently when I learned to print I was malinformed that beer was an essential part of the printing process...

I digress. Curious to get an opinion on what ink out there most people dig. I gather Speedball is the low end, Union and Mazdar the midrange, and TW the premium??? I've got my heart set on the TW 5500 line of single pigments and would be extra grateful to anyone with input on them. I've only used Speedball and Unions to date, so just crossing my Ts before I shell out for all those gallons.

My primary concerns, I suppose, are color intensity/density/brilliance and drying times. My primary intent is fine art prints, so any detail work I do on high mesh counts scares me that it might dry extra fast. Am I gonna need more than 1 gallon of retarder from the get-go?

Thanks all.

Comments

..er, Nazdar.*

Comments

well i know nothing about inks, but welcome!