Gig Posters

Posters: 154224 | Bands: 134485 | Designers: 11430                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Premium Member

Comments

Question Buying a used carousel..

Hi mates,
    i've found an used Anat (i believe Anatol) crousel 6 colours 6 pallets at 3500 (1 years and half old)

The new one is sold for 6800...so a lot of money

I haven't any experience with silkscreening especially without the use of carousels.

I really don't know what to do..i don't want to make a bad deal..i'm afraid it has got some troubles of registration and so on...and to spend 3500 (that i haven't actually) for a trash carousel is really a suicide.

I haven't any friend that could know a carousel so..What to do?

Thank you all,
    F.

ps. prooooot

Comments

Buying exspensive screenprinting equipment without any screenprinting experience is not good.

with 2nd hand equipment it's luck of the draw, if you could try it out before buying it would help to make your decision easier.

look for a company brand that has been around for a while, you'll need parts eventually if not soon.

try to work at a shop first to get the hang of printing shirts, you'll soon realise what the advantages or disadvantages are on the carousel your working on then look for one with that know how.

i bought a new M&R chameleon 6/6, 5 years ago and am over happy with it, i would recomend this carousel for people getting into the manual textile printing.

you'll also need a dryer.

good luck.

If it's up and running and in use it'll be easier to see what's wrong. Though not much really can go wrong with one.

Generally the only reasons why someone would sell used screenprinting equipment is because either they can't afford to keep it, or it's fucked and is being replaced. Thats probably not entirely true, but it will be the reason for a healthy percentage of used equipment.

Chuck a frame in each print head, and lower each print head onto every pallet, check how tight it feels, there should be zero movement, if there is, check for an adjustment to eliminate the movement. Do this with all print heads on all pallets to be sure, also check to see how level the frame/mesh is to the surface of the pallet.

I've never seen an anatol carousel, but I have read good things about them. If it has adjustment for everything, and they all work, and it "feels" solid, there is probably no reason to think it wouldn't be a good one.

If it has sideclamps attached to a bar, check the bar for dents caused by someone with a gorilla action at tightening the locking nut. Any dents on that bar will be a bit of a disaster.