Gig Posters

Posters: 155198 | Bands: 135211 | Designers: 11481                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Local Screen Printer teaches; builds equipment...

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, but not to screen printing. I have printed about everything you can name in the last over 20 years. I know SP inside and out. I am especially pleased with a palm sized micro-tuning component I invented that will allow you the BEST precision color alignments you can ever imagine.
    Some shops can crank out process prints all day with few problems and yet when it comes to print-flash-print such as high resolution print in white ink on a black tee...they cannot pull it off!

That is because when you have to place the SAME screen over what that screen has already printed, there are NO tricks in art or screen use that can serve you. Either the screen goes down EXACTLY where it did before, or it does not. So...this test can actually be the BEST test of how good a presses' accuracy REALLY is. too many multi-colors; even into the process range yet oiffer some bit of micro-flexibility in screen positioning and the simulated process programs made it even easier to get process off a not truly accurate press. These press problems pretty much(outside printer errors)boil down to the micro-registration components being too involved(too many parts)and even more, that they are placed in the wrong place on the press to do that job best. I have walked into SPS's and(before they stopped even stocking floor models!)shown how innacurate their BRAND NEW; multi-thousand dollar presses were. To blank or defensive stares usually!

How is it, if I 'do not know what I am talking about' that in 900 demos out of my humble home, I have shown people a press that IS more accurate? I was a printer before I ever built or sold a press to anybody. The micro-tuner was designed(by me) FOR ME. When others started showing interest...I began recreating my press for others who wanted the same accuracy. THEY said: "YOU SHOULD BE BUILDING AND TEACHING PEOPLE!!!". So I started.

I have kind of divorced myself from the mainstream of screen printing. Too much same old same old being talked about and resold. I do some things quite different and would rather just DO what works than argue with people who just seem to want to argue for points I already know there is NO point to argue. It AMAZES me that many things in screen printing are still done as they are...even after several decades. I cannot believe the rotary press myths(as fastest or best way)that sell so many presses to newbies that will never get around their problems or be good enough printers to get the best from them. I have seen the poor mechanics and care of too many of such presses to ever own one myself. Most people have not stopped to consider the bottom line fact(shown clearly in their design)that rotary presses have made ACCURACY secondary, and being able to SPIN primary. Insane. And an unecessary design flaw that just keeps making the rounds...for over 30 years now!!
    Anyway...I teach people how to get into(or more experienced yet somewhat misled printers)screen printing with what they truly need and how to AVOID WHAT THEY DO NOT NEED. I have a DVD if people are interested...or I give hands on classes. I CAN get into flatstocks...but I start my students on apparel techniques and tools because that is what people are most interested in and it is more forgiving.

If you want to take advantage of learning how not to spend more than is necessary; learn from a REAL/versatile pro; have a FEASIBLE and MORE ACCURATE brand of equipment available to you SHOULD you decide to have your own equipment...then drop me an email.

One of the oldest SPS's still puts out a book that actually includes a chapter on how to hide bad shirts from the customer; calling that "gaining a psychological advantage" over the customer. I don't teach how to cheat people...I teach how to print RIGHT, and build the equipment to enable you to do that. If you listen to what many 'screeners' believe you will only be hearing(often)what THEY were told. Nobody told them how to get better screen registration...they just use what is normally available. I don't think that way(normally!)and it is what led to my micro-tuner; then my ability to help over 1,250 people enter and learn screen printing with greater logic and cost savings.

I have been asked to write an approval for a couple rotary presses(ebay sellers)and I refused to. Because those presses were NOT accurate; I knew and KNOW...I build BETTER at home. It moved out of the idea stage and into the PROVEN stage many years ago. Even though I still get the occasional 'screen printer'(???)who cannot even understand it when they see a photo of it set-up! THAT is how lost people are; HYPNOTIZED to keep doing things just ONE way! I had NOTHING to go by when I invented it after being(again) aggravated by an employers' big and spendy press that would NOT stay in alignment(6 color flags the job at the time). I might never have thought up this amazing little component...but I (and many others) am glad I did! MY microtuners adjust and lock in screen alignment because they hare simple and mount IN THE VERY BEST PLACE TO REACH AND HOLD SCREEN/COLOR ALIGNMENT. What elst is printing????...if it is not first printing ACCURACY?

If any of this fits into the kind of equipment/logic/approach YOU are looking to have and use; how you would like to learn...please email me.

take care,

ravenprints@gmail.com

Comments

Welcome!

Id love to see some pictures of your setup!

You can host them on imageshack.com and post them in the forum.

Do you like cured meat products?

Used to have vidz up on youtube.. looks like he removed them in favor of selling the DVD...

Comments

is this spam... or is it fo realz

Smells like spam.. or should I say.. spells like spam!

Who knows.

Comments

He might know about equipment but that's gotta be the worst sales pitch I have ever not bothered to read.

Regardless of its authenticity, it's spam. If he wants to sell something, he should get a classified like everyone else.

Where is AndyMac? You know anything bout this dude?

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by S.Blake View Post
    Where is AndyMac? You know anything bout this dude?
    dont you mean dood?

Comments

that's a lot of words.