Gig Posters

Posters: 156388 | Bands: 135994 | Designers: 11550                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A Couple Of General Questions..

1. Is it crucial that you clean your screen (emulsion remover, degreaser, haze remover) immediately after a printing run, with waterbased? can i wait a day? two days? a week? a month? this is, of course, with the intention to re-shoot the screen, and not having the previous image locked into the screen FOREVER.

2. Where do you guys order stock? where is the most affordable?

3. Where do you guys order t shirts to print on. again, what is the most affordable. thank you!

Comments

1. Ink Jet printers are really cheap nowadays. Have you considered Giclees?

2. I don't.

3. You get what you pay for.

1 - you are not obliged to screen your screen right after your printed with it. you can relax, take a beer and do it a month after

i order my stock in france, but you perhaps should order @ mrfrench.com if you live in the US. it seems to me a pretty good deal (lot of people here are of better advice than me of course)

3 - same as question 2

Quote Originally Posted by tonerj View Post
    1. Is it crucial that you clean your screen (emulsion remover, degreaser, haze remover) immediately after a printing run, with waterbased? can i wait a day? two days? a week? a month? this is, of course, with the intention to re-shoot the screen, and not having the previous image locked into the screen FOREVER.

3. Where do you guys order t shirts to print on. again, what is the most affordable. thank you!

a beer instead of cleaning after a run sounds like the way to go. thanks!!

With Plastisol Inks, No you can leave that on there and clean later.

With WB ink. I would clean it up ASAP.

This question is retarded. Clean up after yourself right away. WTF. Why wait? Fucking laziness and screen printing do not go hand in hand.

French Paper is good/affordable.

I prefer Gildan or AAA myself. Lot of these young bucks dig the American Apparel. Personally that brand is for queers.

Comments

1. If by 'clean' you mean 'reclaim' -- no. If you mean 'wash the ink out before it dries' -- yes.

That's all I've got.

Oh, and this:

Richie is a guru -- and a demon. He can lay an advanced degree's worth of knowledge on you -- or eat your soul. at. his. whim.

Don't dare look at him directly. In fact, I may be turned into a pillar of salt just for invoking his name.

You've been warned...

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by metroactive View Post
    1. If by 'clean' you mean 'reclaim' -- no. If you mean 'wash the ink out before it dries' -- yes.

good point.

Just an observation, but if some of you people who are always wanting to know where to get stuff would say generally where you are located, sometimes it helps narrow the options down. There's replies in this one short thread from 3 different countries at least.

Plus the republic of Richiestan, of course.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Comments

And speaking of 'gurus', tonerj:

Andymac saying 'good point' to me is like George Carlin saying, 'that was a clever bit about Catholics, there.'

Or like Richard Simmons saying I've got very shiny thighs.

Listen to what he says.

Last edited by Southtown Press; 12-08-2007 at 10:15 PM.

good point. i'm in northern california. united states. woot.

Comments

If you are getting the shirts to wear yourself then UNIGLO people. Seriously the most comfortable T I've ever worn. They have like the whole pantone system in colors too. Prolly a little more expensive but I don't know.