Gig Posters

Posters: 154460 | Bands: 134630 | Designers: 11445                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Comments

Default Question From A Want-To-Be

i know i started off here in a totally "what this place isnt about" way, but i really did come here to learn some shit about screenprinting. and since i dont really have any of the resources to start making posters(except ideas,and abitly) that makes me a wanna-be screenprinter.
    so my first questions is:
    wheres a good place to find all the essentials for beggining in this business? i have checked many sites...seen a wide variety of price ranges.etc...but i recently saved up some money and i dont wanna waste it on anything that aint quality.
    i also wanna hear some MUST KNOW tips for a beginner......(besides shut the fuck up..cause i know alot wanna/did already)
    thanks

Comments

Well there is tons of shit on this web site about whats good to buy so poke around some on that issue. I've heard good things about victory screens. And I cant say that i'm not a beginner but just keep printing, and have fun as lame as that sounds..

Comments

Screenprinting Today by Andy MacDougall

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by evanplain View Post
    Screenprinting Today by Andy MacDougall

Comments

if you are in america i am the US distributor for the book, you can order it here

Screen Printing Today...the Basics [Screen Printing Today,the Basics] - $60.00 : Diesel Fuel Prints

the price includes shipping, even though your cart will say in store pick up it will be shipped.

Comments

i looked it over..and it looks fucking great
    but i dont got 60$ as of now....
    but i hope it can be on the bookshelf one day

Comments

If you go to youtube and type in screen printing I'm sure something will pop up. Screen printing is a kind of a funny thing. It seems very easy and in some cases it is. There's alot of little things that you have to learn just by doing it. Problems will come up and the great thing about this site is you can show pictures and go step by step of what you did. Andymac's book is a great start. The best thing to do is start out with simple line art stuff. One of the problems is alot of people design without thinking of the printing process and if it's even something that can be screen printed.

good luck

-loco

Premium Member

Comments

Jordan Crane (awesome illustrator/cool dude) put something together for cheapskates like you.

http://www.reddingk.com/img/reproguide.pdf

You should take the first $60 you make and buy Diesel's book though.
    http://brianewing.com
    http://brianewing.blogspot.com

" if you want me to be an ispiration or a 'god' (iget that a lot and it really bugs me) or a better sort of example for the youth of today, well, i don't play those games." - ART CHANTRY

"Brian is the shortest guy I look up to." David Witt

Comments

Don't party for 3 weeks and you will have the money or sell some of your art

-loco

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by loco View Post
    If you go to youtube and type in screen printing I'm sure something will pop up. Screen printing is a kind of a funny thing. It seems very easy and in some cases it is. There's alot of little things that you have to learn just by doing it. Problems will come up and the great thing about this site is you can show pictures and go step by step of what you did. Andymac's book is a great start. The best thing to do is start out with simple line art stuff. One of the problems is alot of people design without thinking of the printing process and if it's even something that can be screen printed.

good luck

-loco
    This is good advice. I'd even go as far as to say start out by spending as little as possible to start. You may find that you hate it. It can be very frustrating at first.

I got started by scrounging around for free used stuff. I learned everything from this site and by doing. Trial and error.