Gig Posters

Posters: 156080 | Bands: 135799 | Designers: 11529                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Premium Member

Comments

Default making a san francisco apartment silkscreen studio

hello,
    i am moving to san francisco and want to set up silkscreen equipment. not sure what kind of conditions i'll be moving into because i haven't found a place yet. i'm hoping to score a place with a yard or a garage, but it's a slim chance. so if i were to have the bare minimum....a bedroom and a bathroom...no outside area or garage or front yard, and in an apartment with other people and thin walls where everyone can hear everything.

i can get a loft bed so i can stick my printing table underneath. tack black fabric to the ceiling creating a mini room for an exposure unit, hang light, place screen on black board, positive on the screen and then glass on top (or would plastic work if I used a vacuum cleaner to seal it?) darkroom in the closet.

and then the washout in the bathtub. i'm female and will be living with other females and we take baths. do you know of any kind of cover i can use for the tub, like maybe plastic with a hole cut for the drain? or some kind of spray tub protector? also, how could i filter out the gunk? i've read threads where people make screens with multiple sized mesh, but since i would have no access to the underside/plumbing of the tub, how else could i filter it?
    and how do you connect the pressure washer to the water supply? (i know absolutely nothing about plumbing). i'm also afraid of pissing off neighbors with the loudness of the pressure washer........

Premium Member

Comments

go ask Alice....
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

i think she'll know.

Comments

I live in a bachelor apt...and here's my set up.

i made my own portable printing unit.. a tabletop and 2 hinge clamps

here's my darkroom setup
    I bought the light fixture from ikea for 15$
    i use a 250 watt photoflood BBA No. 1 bulb (you can get that at any photography equipment store).

Screen cleaning: i use a regular shower head to gently wash away the ink..so i don't make a huge mess in the bathroom. Since I don't have a pressure washer, i remove the shower head..and i stick my thumb in the hose like this:

that usually does the job. SOmetimes, i get the guy at the silkscreening supplies store to clean it for me for like 2$..he has a pressure washer.

Comments

hey Alice,
    i do believe Andy and Scrojo were making a reference to "white rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane...it's a trippy San Francisco dirge about Alice in Wonderland.

your set-up is pretty damn cool, though. great photos... especially the "thumb in hose" pressure wash. thespirals should be able to learn a lot from them.

Comments

I thought that whole Evil Alice setup post was Robbie Fuct's.

DAMN THIS AVATAR SWAPPING!!!

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by adam swinbourne View Post
    hey Alice,
    i do believe Andy and Scrojo were making a reference to "white rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane...it's a trippy San Francisco dirge about Alice in Wonderland.
    What, are you on drugs Swinebourne???? I knew Alices's logic and good fortune would be exactly what the young novice needed. Along with the trick set-up for apartments, I hope she gets some flowers in her hair.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Comments

Evil Alice totally destroyed Andymacs & scrojos joke , way to go

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by ricv64 View Post
    Evil Alice totally destroyed Andymacs & scrojos joke , way to go