Gig Posters

Posters: 155198 | Bands: 135211 | Designers: 11481                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Premium Member

Comments

Default Good paper & CIS for my Epson R1800

Hi everyone,

So, I bought an Epson R1800 --it rules-- with the plan to use it to make high-quality prints of my digital artwork and sell them online. And I've been doing that but I want to make some tweaks to the system and I could use your help.

First, paper: I've been printing onto French Smart White and, even though I like the way that feels, the prints come out sort of washed-out with a loss in detail and color. I don't want to print onto paper that looks and feels like photo paper, I want a paper that feels like PAPER. I've tried all kinds of settings--anyone have a better paper suggestions for this printer?

Second, Ink: This thing BURNS through ink. It's costing me a shit-ton. I'm thinking about picking up a continuous ink system. Anyone recommend one?

thanks for the help!
    ----
    AWESOME>>www.biklopsdesign.com
    tweet? >>@biklops

Comments

Your paper looks washed out because it's not coated for digital printing.
    There are lots of paper feeling digital papers out there. But if they're coated for digital then they will cost you extra. Try going to a supplier like Lexjet who can usually beat the prices from the bigbox stores.
    Some suggestions for papers might be enhanced versions Somerset, Hahnemüler, Sunset, Moab.

If you want your printer to last then DON'T put second party inks into your printer. I've tried and it's never been worth it. Pantone came out with inks for the Epson and they messed up my printer pretty bad. IF Pantone can't make a decent ink then what makes you think Biffco can.

Premium Member

Comments

Thanks for the suggestions. You got me shaking though because I just bought a bunch of generic ink from Overstock.com. Ugh.
    ----
    AWESOME>>www.biklopsdesign.com
    tweet? >>@biklops

Comments

Try your generic, maybe you can get it to work. The key is to use your printer everyday if possible.