Gig Posters

Posters: 156357 | Bands: 135967 | Designers: 11549                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Premium Member

Comments

Default A deal? Used screenprinting press 6 colours 6 pallets

Hello mates.

2000€, 6 colours 6 pallets, Argon brand. Opinions?

Thanks,
    NdI

Comments

1000 euros is a fair price for that old lady

I'm loving my Vastex 6/6, no sketchy springs, or bungy cord fixes anymore.

I had a bad, well a couple of bad experiences with them springs snapping and flying off. On one occasion I got a good chip taken out of one of my front teeth, another one gouged the side of my head next to my eye. Probably my luck though.

2000 euro seems like a lot of money for that dinosaur though.

Premium Member

Comments

yikes... I had a spring snap on a print recently... it just made me leap out of my skin (very loud) I hadn't considered that it could have caused injury!

The sound of the spring snapping, and the pain of impact is pretty much instantaneous. The gouge to the eye area wasn't too bad, but the tooth incident was down to the nerve.

I imagine it's probably a rare event when they do actually hit you, I'd still prefer they hit someone else though.

Comments

Mine's exactly like that!!! It cost me 1500 and by the looks of it it was in way better condition than that one!... The thing you have to check really well is the alignement system (it sucks and probably is not working anyway) and mainly those springs, the locking system is probably dead and its going to be hell to find parts for that, I sure couldnt find any anywhere. I ended up building some custom weights for each station, works like a charm!
    If it can be recovered it could be worth 1000 max, you will sure have a lot of work to do on it but I wouldnt trade mine for anything.
    If it doesnt include platens (in decent condition) and the platens support than forget it.