Gig Posters

Posters: 155198 | Bands: 135235 | Designers: 11483                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trapping

Comments

Default Trapping

Hello I am new here...

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to do trappin in illustrator and photoshop.

I am an artist and just experimenting with this medium. I have a few more questions. I am trying to print on mayzonite, with about 4 layers of gesso applied and sanded. I have been experimenting with a mesh of around 210 or something like that. Is this the correct mesh I should be using..

I have read a number of thread that talk about vellum and all.. I just went and bought a lazer acetate paper but its colored. I was wondering if this would be ok, I just assumed that UV light though this and a transparent sheet would be the same.. I just could not find lazer acetate paper in any of the places I went...

One last question...is there any way to print on round objects without having to buy some expensive machine?

Sorry about the long post...

thanks

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by fannu View Post
    Hello I am new here...

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to do trappin in illustrator and photoshop.

I am an artist and just experimenting with this medium. I have a few more questions. I am trying to print on mayzonite, with about 4 layers of gesso applied and sanded. I have been experimenting with a mesh of around 210 or something like that. Is this the correct mesh I should be using..

I have read a number of thread that talk about vellum and all.. I just went and bought a lazer acetate paper but its colored. I was wondering if this would be ok, I just assumed that UV light though this and a transparent sheet would be the same.. I just could not find lazer acetate paper in any of the places I went...

One last question...is there any way to print on round objects without having to buy some expensive machine?

Sorry about the long post...

thanks
    Lots of questions here. Have you searched the forums? Most of them will be answered already.

As far as printing on circles... It's not different the printing on triangles or squares. You need to come up with a reg system. You can attached paper to your circle and puch holes for pin-sytem. I usually just build a jig around my circle then put little lines on the edge of my circle that I will visually line up with lines on my jig.

Quote Originally Posted by squeegeethree View Post
    Lots of questions here. Have you searched the forums? Most of them will be answered already.

As far as printing on circles... It's not different the printing on triangles or squares. You need to come up with a reg system. You can attached paper to your circle and puch holes for pin-sytem. I usually just build a jig around my circle then put little lines on the edge of my circle that I will visually line up with lines on my jig.

i'm thinking the "printing on round objects" was referring not to the shape of the paper stock...more like printing onto a water bottle or soda can...

for that, you'll need expensive machinery.

Premium Member

Comments

you might be able to rig up something similar to a hat/cap jig but that would depend on how "round" the object is I suppose.

Premium Member

Comments

they make little hand operated cylindrical minprinters, can do mugs and shit.

you can get a semi auto to print rounds for around $7-8,000 new. used is less.

Miller process used to sell a hand unit. there were others, you can sometimes find them cheap at auction.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Comments

i've heard you can print glass bottles, by flooding the screen and then rolling your bottle on the paper side

http://graphiclime.com/Graphic%20Lim...aging%204.html

Premium Member

Comments

Okay, first off it's MASONITE. Also, LASER.

Thank you.

Now that I got that out of my system:

You mesh count really depends on WHAT you're printing. But if you already have 210s, start with those and see what happens. Report back or upload pictures and we can guide you.

Never tried color acetate; I'm skeptical that this will work. If you can't / won't just go get vellum, you can always get overhead transparencies and tape them together if you need a bigger image area.

Yeah, most of this is covered all over the site. But if you TRY, and let us know how it ges, we can offer assistance. And / or make fun of you and discuss beer. There are a lot of smart people on GP. (And a lot of drunks)
    Shizouka!

Brg!

"I don't know shit about screenprinting and can still tell all the questions you ask are retarded." -Blonde
    I can't imagine being in this position and saying to myself "Hey! I bet the people at Gigposters will be helpful!". -Phoon

Premium Member

Comments

i've heard you can print glass bottles, by flooding the screen and then rolling your bottle on the paper side
    Wow, that's pretty sweet
    Shizouka!

Brg!

"I don't know shit about screenprinting and can still tell all the questions you ask are retarded." -Blonde
    I can't imagine being in this position and saying to myself "Hey! I bet the people at Gigposters will be helpful!". -Phoon

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by fannu View Post
    Hello I am new here...

many answers

Comments

i'm so retarded, i still don't even know what trapping is. true story.