Gig Posters

Posters: 155580 | Bands: 135517 | Designers: 11505                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default CS3 InDesign to CS1 InDesign?

Anyone know how to create a file that will actually work in CS1 from CS3? I thought the point of the InDesign Interchange file was to be able to use the file in previous versions... but nope. Anyone have the answer? Frustrating...

Quote Originally Posted by evanplain View Post
    Anyone know how to create a file that will actually work in CS1 from CS3? I thought the point of the InDesign Interchange file was to be able to use the file in previous versions... but nope. Anyone have the answer? Frustrating...
    Error "Cannot open the document... not a valid InDesign Interchange document" when you open an InDesign Interchange file

cs3>cs3>cs1

Comments

In my experience, you are SOL.

I would make a pdf and use it as a template or open it in Illustrator to make edits and then link to the art file.

Premium Member

Comments

indesign can open quark4.0 files but not its own from an earlier version? that sounds strange.
    I always want to feel this way! —Sean Higgins
    the bubble process

Comments

Thanks all. Looks like I'll take the PDF route and edit in Illustrator. Kinda stupid that it doesn't have the capability to produce CS1 compatible files. Heh.

Bubble - CS3 handles earlier formats fine, its just trying to go backwards that creates difficulties.. its dumb.

Comments

i've saved from CS2 to CS1 before, there is something you have to do to make it happen... sorry thats totally no info but im wondering if its something you know about that works going from CS2 to CS1 but not CS3 down? If not ill look it up, it escapes me right now.

Comments

I think I got it to work last year going from CS2 to CS1, but it was a really odd process that involved going from Mac CS2 to PC CS1 and then PC CS1 to Mac CS1... I think it was just interchange files, but its been a while so I don't remember exactly what I did either..

Comments

To save from CS2 to CS1 you need to have the Indesign CS1 updates, and save (in CS2) as the interchange format. Works from PC to PC