Gig Posters

Posters: 155198 | Bands: 135207 | Designers: 11481                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Premium Member

Comments

Default Merging channels into one channel in PS CS2

I have a file that I want to seperate into a two color job. I like the look of two of the channels turned on and want them merged into one channel. Anyone know how the hell to do that? The merge channels option is gray'd out so I can't choose it.

This is the way I usually go about this, it may alter the image slightly depending on how you set it up.

Usually I'll have everything broken down into cyan (my code) and black. Option click on the magenta layer, inverse your selection, paste that information into the black layer and then fill the magenta layer w/ white getting rid of all the info in that channel. Repeat for yellow.

Let me know if that works for you

Premium Member

Comments

I think I got it. I just tried duplicating each channel therefor leaving me with 4 new channels along with the 4 original ones. I then selected the new 2 channels I wanted together and it let me merge them. I tried it your way too and it seemed to work pretty much with the same outcome so thanks!