Gig Posters

Posters: 156080 | Bands: 135806 | Designers: 11531                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Comments

Default We Has Posters GP.COM FUND RAISER

Most everyone here knows Clay. He’s the guy upgrading the system with high-tech servers, or working countless hours to keep the site running. For years GP has been a tremendous source of information for new artists, old artists, printers -and the collectors that buy their stuff.

While at Flatstock I make a point of stopping over and talking with Clay. I spoke with him again this year at F13 and I learned something new. The website is basically a one man show –I knew that. What I didn't know is that financially, GP is pretty much a break-even. That was a surprise considering how much time and energy Clay spends keeping the bus rolling.

Several weeks after F13 something fizzled, and then I smelled smoke, and then I had this idea about a fund raiser to keep the site running at the highest levels. If supporters from the collector community dusted off the flat files and donated one print, we could put together something significant.

As it was, my idea leaked to certain industry-types, and the response has been impressive. Jody Goodall is unlocking the family vault as we speak. Andy Diesel, Dan McCarthy and Jay Ryan all have prints ready to donate. AND – White Stripes fans will be running around bumping heads when they hear about Rob Jones' donations. There is an entire 2005/2006 White Stripes North American Set, and more (a lot more).

So...in recognition of the countless hours Clay has put into this website, and to support the community that supports us, I propose...

The First Annual Gigposters.com Fund Raiser

(a.k.a.)

WE HAS POSTERS

Here’s how it works:

1. Pick a poster that you are willing to donate from your collection. The goal is 60 posters, so if you got a Green Lady gathering dust, toss her in!

2. Email 1 high quality picture of your print to: WeHasPosters@gmail.com Send big pictures -don’t crop.

3. I will set up the eBay auctions and all donated posters will be sold on eBay. You do nothing until your poster sells.

NOTE: Please donate posters from your collection that have the highest probability of selling. Any eBay fees for unsold posters will be eaten by the fund raiser, so help out –NO SNIFFER PRINTS.

4. IMMEDIATELY, once your poster sells I will send you the winning bidder information and a check to cover the shipping costs. Basically, all you do is throw the print into a tube and ship.

5. All posters should be loosely rolled in craft paper, placed in a sturdy tube and shipped USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation.

6. You can opt to have your name used in the auction as the "donatee" or not. The net balance of your eBay auction will be donated to Gigposters.com, so Clay can continue to support the site that supports us.

7. I will run 15 auctions per week starting in October. All auction pricing will begin at average market value.

To start the ball rolling, I am donating these two posters from my collection:

I’m interested to see what others have to donate. Thank you for your support!

Bill Slater (norelation)
    Last edited by NoRelation; 09-11-2007 at 09:43 AM.

Premium Member

Comments

Sounds like a great idea
    "Fame" can lick my sweaty undercarriage. ~Jeph
    that's like hearing hugh hefner is over the p_ssy thing. ~motownjc
    middle america doesn't riot. that's why we have europeans ~poguemahone

POSTERS ASPrintingPress.com Etsy Flickr Cop A Squat Toys Instagram

Too many words.
    Pleeze to simplify.

Comments

i honestly have no time to take pics can i just send you a mess of posters and email you some jpegs?

Comments

Unlike Denny, I read all the words because I support Clay.

Head Honcho

Comments

Thanks SOOOO much everyone!

As many of you know, this site started out as a hobby. It has now grown into my career, taking up all my time. I am working hard right now to take this website to the next level, and in turn, everyone involved in the site and scene should benefit.

Its tough right now though, financially .. and although I normally feel bad taking donations and feeling like a charity-case, I'm at the position now where this fund-raiser could really help me out. If all goes as planned, this site will continue to grow exponentially and even more rapidly in the near future.

I really appreciate your support. Thank you!
    *PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH SUPPORT REQUESTS - CLICK THE CONTACT LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE*

Comments

My posters are in Vegas... I am in CA... Can i Just donate some cash or some shit?

Comments

remember when had a sketchbook project where we were going to fill it up, auction it, and then give the proceeds to GP?

wasn't that a great idea?

oh, wait. nevermind.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by IVARTON View Post
    My posters are in Vegas... I am in CA... Can i Just donate some cash or some shit?
    Where in CA ravi?

Comments

Sorry for all the wordyness, but I think that it's important to make everything clear and run the fund raiser with integrity.

I never addressed individuals or business owners with time constraints. I will accept prints only through special circumstances like those of Andy, and I will only accept them through a PM. HOWEVER, special circumstances are required. The fund raiser will be run with 100% honesty and integrity. Having a bunch of high-dollar prints show up at my house has potential for too many issues. If you have special requests or questions, just send a PM. Thank you.
    Last edited by NoRelation; 09-10-2007 at 12:57 PM.