Gig Posters

Posters: 154337 | Bands: 134496 | Designers: 11430                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Welcome to Hell, I'll be your tour guide...
    Comments

I mentioned this in another thread, but I wanted to let everyone interested know the details of this shindig.

Here's the link again: http://www.heavyrebel.net

This is a 3 day punk/rockabilly/tattoo love fest with over 50 bands playing. Last year was a blast with people traveling in from as far away as L.A. for the show. They've fixed the AC this year (thank the higher powers) and expanded the special event roster.

Jeff & I are taking names of artists interested in showing their work during the event. I talked to the promoter and he gave me more details to pass on, so here they are:

$45.00 fee per artist to show/sell

Each artist will be provided an 8 ft table. There should be adequate lighting in the display/art area, but you might want to bring some spot lamps. Any other stuff, like table dressings, backdrops or displays will have to be brought by the artist.

If you plan on vending anything other than your own art, you will need to contact Mike at heavyrebel2001@cs.com

Any artist who wishes to provide a "piece of art FOR the decoration of the Heavy Rebel Weekender, we will let them show for free (we keep it, for next year)." I am assuming that Mike means banners... it's a large venue with lots of space to hang stuff.

Also from Mike's email: "We will have a person doing security for the art and vendors, also, BUT it is THIER responsibilty to watch thier own stuff."

It's my understanding that ANY type of art is welcome, but interested parties may wish to remember that this is a PBR/punk type of crowd (PBR=Pabst Blue Ribbon) and oil landscapes (unless they include a hot rod as part of the scenery) will probably not sell.

If you want to show, please contact/email us & let us know. If any of you know other artists who might be interested, but who don't spend any time on gigposters, pass it on!!

Comments

Aother question about the art show.
    I probably will not be able to get a both but was wondering if you guys did any kind of commission work. I am getting some art posters printed and was wondering if you guys would be interested in selling them with your area? If you need to see an example of what I am talking about let me know.

Welcome to Hell, I'll be your tour guide...
    Comments

As much as I would love to be able to tell ya "yes", I don't think there's any way for us to take on more than what we have to merch ourselves based on the experience from last year's show... it was nuts! They're telling me that there will be significantly more people there this year...

Jeff & I are also are in charge the bands' merch for over 50 bands, so that will be a job all unto itself.