Gig Posters

Posters: 155148 | Bands: 135201 | Designers: 11481                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Comments

Default posters in movies and music videos

seen any gigposters (from the gigposter gang of freaks & misfits) in movies or music videos?
    I think I seen one of EMEKs in a movie before???

Premium Member

Comments

I havent seen any, cept usual record company promo posters, or those mass produced huge photo of a band posters in a movie. Alot of Props dept who get asked to source posters for a scene, theyd just go out an get whats considered cool bands or bands that suit the character, they wouldnt spend major bucks on posters, 5 - 10 bucks is probably the max.
    I guess....

I did a poster , it was for a short film. The main character was a muso who was playing a Lesbian bar, it was the opening shot on the Bar scene. They cut away from the poster to the bar.... 4 seconds of fame used up already
    www.mrfrumpy.com

"An artwork is normally assessed in quality by the amount of stimulation it brings about. The impact it has on people, the number of people that can relate to it, the degree of their appreciation, and the effect or influence it has or has had in the past, all accumulate to the 'degree of art.' Most artworks that are widely considered to be "masterpieces" possess these attributes." - Frank Kozik

Premium Member

Comments

of course, steve w of screwball press did almost all of the prints featured in 'high fidelity'.

i printed, but did not design, a poster for the band the eternals which somehow ended up in the movie 'barbershop', in the scene where the two thugs drag the atm into their bedroom.

also, i printed, but did not design, a series of posters which were, i'm told, key elements in the movie 'newport south', which ran for only a very short time and was al but unheard of about a year ago. they also bought a bunch of my old screens and empty ink jars and squeeges to create the screenprinting setup the main character had in his room. i never saw the movie - it was gone before i knew it was in theaters.
    most of the time we never fish!

Premium Member

Comments

hey Gaither..........who's that chick that wears your misfits shirt on top of a bunch of other band shirts and then takes them off one by one??? anyone know what i'm talking about? it's on some music channel? (I don't have cable and only see it when at a friend's house)
    He is less remote from the truth who believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong.

My Posters
    BlackheartStudios

Premium Member

Comments

in ROAD TRIP there's a Cibo Matto poster in the main kid's dorm room that Methane Studios did.

and in an episode of BANDS ON THE RUN on VH1, i saw on of AA's At The Drive-In/Murder City Devils posters when one of the bands was doing an in-store.

i know i've seen more around...

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by jcooper
    hey Gaither..........who's that chick that wears your misfits shirt on top of a bunch of other band shirts and then takes them off one by one??? anyone know what i'm talking about? it's on some music channel? (I don't have cable and only see it when at a friend's house)
    I don't know her name but she's the host of a metal video show on Muchmusic. She's hot.

Comments

In the movie Small Soldiers (Universal) there is a part where they show the main kids bedroom and he has a few rock posters in there ones a Coop ones a Kozik and ones my reo speed dealer, honky tour poster. I don't think it was appropriate for an 8 year old to have a poster that said speed dealer on it w/ various other profanities,but whatever it's just a movie....
    Someone told me if you take the Universals tour in Orlando they have/had the bedroom duplicated there. I don't know if it's still there. I got 7 second of good exposure. w/ no credit. until now YES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jcooper
    Her name is Julia. My sons watch her show on muchMusic all the time.

Premium Member

Comments

There is some new movie coming out with Jack Black...called Schoolhouse Rock or something....and they contacted me about using some of my posters..in his room in the background...so I am not sure it they will be in there or not...we will see...

Comments

i saw one of emeks on this advert, i think it was australian maybe, it was on one of those programmes about well, adverts, can't remember what it was for but it was this kid in his bedroom and he had the emek statue of liberty poster (was it for rollins possibly?) next to a poster of deep purple!