Gig Posters

Posters: 155313 | Bands: 135325 | Designers: 11495                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Premium Member

Comments

Default laptop for paypal/credit sales at FS

Iím thinking of bringing a laptop for paypal/credit sales at FS. You folks who have had them there before, has it been worthwhile?
    What ballpark percentage of your sales at FS has been through paypal/credit?

I donít have a laptop of my own, so Iíd be borrowing one, and I have to convince someone that itís worth the obvious risks to bring one down.
    Anything you could add in terms of your experience?

Comments

i think it's pretty helpful, provided that there is a wireless network that's stable and all.

i borrowed a laptop as well for the last seattle FS and it seemed to help. for me it was a small percentage of sales overall, but a couple of them were bigger sales. it seems like people appreciated the option quite a bit, even when they ended up just using cash.

i'd say to make sure that they log in, pay, then wait around for you to log in and check your paypal account to see that the payment is there. although it's never happned to me (yet, fingers crossed, knocking on wood, pouring salt over my left shoulder, etc. etc.) there is a risk with someone going home and rejecting the sale as fraudulent. but, i think it's about as risky as taking a check.

just don't never let your laptop not be with you or under the watch of a trusty someone else, especially when it's borrowed, cause....eeeek.

Comments

Never had anyone ask to use it, although I know a few designers who do pretty decent...ask stinkbutt

Premium Member

Comments

I think Tara ran into some sorta problems last time....but that's all I heard.

Comments

i think they got all straightened out though, if remember correctly it was all a big misunderstanding?

Premium Member

Comments

Yeah, maybe. It's kinda a fog at this point, but I know a few other people that did it and everything was cool.

We used our laptop in Seattle and made many sales because of it. Unfortunately Paypal thought that our computer had been stolen because it was being used so far away from where we lived and sent everyone's money back to them. We had to ask everyone to re-send the money which everyone did.

Comments

eueggghhh. really? whoa, that's a drag MMM. good thing your customers were nice peoples. funny that receiving payments would make PayPal think your computer was stolen, the sillies.

Premium Member

Comments

I will be accepting paypal at FS.

Premium Member

Comments

We have taken visa a number of times, but i just write up the slip then call it in. Haven't been burned.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.