Gig Posters

Posters: 156080 | Bands: 135806 | Designers: 11531                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

i know i'm gonna get a ton of shit for starting this but i don't care. stalkers, feel free to post here because you're obviously in love with the man and it's better than bothering him at home.

in my eyes the work comes first. before egos, before you and before me. that being said and despite what others think of his persona, art has a stunning body of work. his integrity is unsurpassed which is all too rare these days. i've also learned a great deal from his discussions with jermaine and other artist on this site (drowning creek, max flo, a.a, blt, etc. etc.). i hate designers and their pseudo art school babble and art's discussions don't come off as "art school-ish." i really don't care if he ever returns. it's our loss because underneath what some may find abrasive lies integrity, honesty and some fucking killer posters.

i feel the snipers targeting me now so i gotta go.

-rich, sybil, hack, and whatever other names you want to call me.

(edit) i forgot one more thing. art's old. really old. i find the elderly kind of "cute."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rich on 2002-04-03 08:30 ]</font>

Comments

i love arts work. though i never thought the discussions with other artists ie jermaine etc. were that deep. more of um, what art would call masturbation.
    but art is a great artist. and hope to see him here again. i think alot of artist actually should let the art speak for itself!

So Art and Jermaine were masturbating each other.

Riiiiiggghhhttt!

Comments

oh wow. didnt mean it that way.

guess art is in hiding again. sad. hope to see him here again.

Comments

Where can I look, without leaving my house, at some of Art's POSTER work? Found lots of interviews and cover art on the web, but no actual posters.

And by the way, I agree with the spririt of this thread. Art may be opinionated, but some of you all are really mean. And bored, apparently.

Comments

check out Some People Can't Surf (book)

there is an Art Chantry fansite, not sure tho, where it is on the web.

go to the PRINT MAGAZINE website. they have recent Regional annuals cached. Go thru the interface, you'll see how to search.