Gig Posters

Posters: 155198 | Bands: 135211 | Designers: 11482                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

View Poll Results: Please read the 1st post in this thread, and vote accordingly:

Voters
215. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have a suggestion to post below

7 3.26%
  • I am not interested / I can't afford it

19 8.84%
  • I didn't know about it - I'll sign up now

13 6.05%
  • I am already a Premium Member and am happy

146 67.91%
  • I am already a Premium Member and have a suggestion to post below

30 13.95%
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast
    Head Honcho

Comments

Default Question for Everyone [POLL] - please respond!

For almost a year now, I have offered Premium Membership status for Gigposters.com members for $10 / year. Here's what is currently offered:

Chat: Text, webcams, voice and much more. Create private rooms, hold video-conferences / meetings etc.

Favorites: Store your favorites in your account for future reference, or to share with friends

Collections: Keep track of the posters you own, and let everyone see the posters you buy

Premium Discounts: Special rates for products and services - for Premium Members only!

Premium Opportunities: Projects, job postings, gigs etc.

Arcade: An added bonus for those who need extra entertainment. Over 2000 games to compete in.

Private Messaging: Larger PM Inbox

Currently, there are 11,694 members with 1,702 who have actively logged in in the last 30 days.

There are currently 392 Premium Members.

I would like to know what it would take to get more people to sign up for Premium Memberships. Please let me know if there are features you would like to see, or if you are totally not interested etc.

For those who didn't know it existed, and want to sign up - please make sure you are logged in, and CLICK HERE.

Thanks!

-Clay
    *PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH SUPPORT REQUESTS - CLICK THE CONTACT LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE*

Comments

For $10 a year, you could make this a private site. I mean $10, that's like .04 a day? Give people a 2 week free trial? I know you won't do this, but that's just my opinion. People need to show support of this site by joining Premium Membership.

Maybe the radio staion might pull some people in. But for the most part, I just think some people are cheapasses.

Premium Member

Comments

i think that alot of the things that happen in the "free site" have value..

ie, printing quesitions... process threads... how to get work...

if these topics the regulars posted in the premium section, you could bill the premium section with those nuggets of info.. its like buying a book about design, but in real time...
    "i pretty much think dave has nothing of any value to offer anyone on gigposters.com"-jay ryan
    "im the brown note of lighting"-me

PSTRSTOM-N-DAVE.COM •My Blog For New Attitions To Our Site ROMG!!!! •My Myspace Acct!

Comments
    Items for Sale

oh yeah. I just voted that I had no suggestion, but yeah I liked the ol' GP radio thing.

Comments

I would have signed up by now- but I'm so busy, I don't think I'd end up utilizing any of the goodies.

Premium Member

Comments

also, for example hank 3 projects, jucifer projects, melvins projects... you would only have a crack at these gigs if you could read the threads in the premium place.
    "i pretty much think dave has nothing of any value to offer anyone on gigposters.com"-jay ryan

PSTRSTOM-N-DAVE.COM •My Blog For New Attitions To Our Site ROMG!!!! •My Myspace Acct!

I think its less about what youre offering and more about people just needing to pony up a measely $10.

I think everything, which is a lot, that you offer is more than enough for most people. A lot of what you offer in some capacity is beneficial...such as when the chat is used to talk business...or the awesome specials in the premium forums.

My only thought on throwing that extra enticing blow...is to make the ability to post a classified Premium Member only while still leaving it that anyone could buy.

Premium Member

Comments

also i think you could charge people xtra to have their new releases show up in the thumbnails for new arrivals to be static for like 20 bux a poster.. u pay u get up there for a week or something..

Comments

whoops, i meant to click am premium and am HAPPY.

for others, maybe have a yearly donated shirt design and jacking the price 5 bucks or so to cover giving 1 away to each new premium member. a donated design by the right designer would be worth 15+ bucks alone to some(myself included). i agree that the premium section rules already though.

Comments
    Items for Sale

i disagree with dave. I don't think I've looked at the Premium Member forum more than once.