Gig Posters

Posters: 154781 | Bands: 134836 | Designers: 11467                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Default DIY Hinge Clamping System

Hello. I've built my own vacuum table and do not want a permanently mounted screen clamping system. I was wondering if anyone has built anything like the system the came on older vacuum tables where there is an adjustable bar that clamps over and under the edges of your table top? It is similar to an AWT Big gripper only it isn't fixed, you can move it to adjust for whatever size screen you are using. I have multiple screens in different sizes that is why I am looking for a system like this. Any help would be appreciated.

Premium Member

Comments

you can attach 2 jiffy clamps (or similar) to a piece of flatbar or angle iron that is slightly wider than your table. this is clamped to the table on each side. the bar can be loosened and then moved closer for small screens, and back for larger screens.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Thanks for the reply. That was my original plan. Have you done this? My only fear is the snap will be to great on the clamp end, but maybe not if the flat bar is thin enough?

Premium Member

Comments

thin bar, or find clamps that sit flat in front of the bar.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.