Gig Posters

Posters: 155148 | Bands: 135208 | Designers: 11481                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Thread: Font Builders

Premium Member

Comments

hey,
    I know some of you guys are pretty hot fontsmiths...ie speed etc... can you guys recomend and inexspenve yet good font builder that is easy to use.

Also in case anyone knows.... what font would one use to create a Red Sox type logo... you know a script with a tale. Cheers.
    www.mrfrumpy.com

"An artwork is normally assessed in quality by the amount of stimulation it brings about. The impact it has on people, the number of people that can relate to it, the degree of their appreciation, and the effect or influence it has or has had in the past, all accumulate to the 'degree of art.' Most artworks that are widely considered to be "masterpieces" possess these attributes." - Frank Kozik

Comments

Macromedia Fontographer hands down. If I get a chance I will look at serif script fonts and give you an idea but for know I be busy...but I thought I would atleast tell you Macromedia Fontographer is the Font making master!

Premium Member

Comments

Excellent man....will look into macromedia fonto....thanks man
    www.mrfrumpy.com

"An artwork is normally assessed in quality by the amount of stimulation it brings about. The impact it has on people, the number of people that can relate to it, the degree of their appreciation, and the effect or influence it has or has had in the past, all accumulate to the 'degree of art.' Most artworks that are widely considered to be "masterpieces" possess these attributes." - Frank Kozik

Comments

architects tracing paper and a #2 pencil work great for me.

Premium Member

Comments

Rich,

Thanks for the suggestion, I have recently worked on hand painting with a compass and paint onto film text work, which is funky for certain pieces.. the compass gives a jagged look, as opposed to a brush... anyways, I just need the red sox type font for a non poster one off thing... but Id like to make my own fonts like . I think its pretty cool when you can do this, it ads more induviduality.
    www.mrfrumpy.com

Comments

i live in boston and didn't know the sox had a font like that. i always associate the dodgers with having a font like the one you speak of. unless you're creating entire fonts i'd use adobe illustrator to trace the letterforms you need.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rich on 2002-03-28 196 ]</font>

Premium Member

Comments

SHIT!!!

hahaha.hm, yeah the dodgers font...hmmmmhahahahaa. I am after the dodgers font...duh!! Ive seen a shirt with redsox written in dodgers font, which is why I was asking... must remember the mask should be worn when printing with inks...
    www.mrfrumpy.com

Comments

I hear Font Lab is a good program as well. I have both but haven't messed around w/ either enough to give you a "this over that" review.

No help what-so-ever,
    -matter