Gig Posters

Posters: 153003 | Bands: 133680 | Designers: 11370                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Andrew W.K.

Default Andrew W.K.

I was just listening to The Girl Is Beautiful. I forgot how rad that dude is. What happened to him? His first record KILLED.

AWK rules.

Comments

his new record is fuuuuuuucked up... I still have to give it a real good listen... but it seems like he's gone off on quite a tangent

Comments

He's got a new album out called Close Calls with Brick Walls, but it's only been released in Asia so far, and I've heard that it might not even make it to the States. Of course, it's easy enough to download or order an import. I got it for $15 off eBay. Oh, and it's a lot of fun. Not wall-to-wall hits like the first album (the second one wasn't either), but when it's good, it's really fucking good. It's just a bit less aggressive and a lot more melodic and grandiose.

Anyway, the records are almost beside the point. Go see him live; you'll never forget it.
    Last edited by ROb Weychert; 08-09-2006 at 10:42 AM.

Comments

that's funny, i was just listening to him for the first time yesterday.

AWK played some of the best and most fun shows ive ever been to. Last time they played in New Brunswick they all ended up showing up later that night to a houseparty at my friends, great time. theyre all great dudes too, way nicer than id ever imagine.

Premium Member

Comments

A dubs k rules. I play girl is beautiful in the jukebox everytime I go to pop's.

Stainboys AWK poster is in my to be framed pile.

Comments

This thread got me to pick up 'I get wet' i dont know why I never owned this before so much fun. I did see him play on Holloween w/ Flogging Molly. Flogging Molly all had white jeans, t shirts, and long black wigs on, then he came out and did a few numbers with them, it was Awesome.

never heard him.

Comments

The one show I will not miss if it comes in my general area. Great time every time.