Gig Posters

Posters: 156255 | Bands: 135946 | Designers: 11547                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default FLATSTOCK 10: Important Information !!

Hey Flatstalkers,

Flatstock 10 is in like a month and I wanted to send out some information that might be helpful for yíall. I will be out of town until August 14th so if you have questions please CC Laura Stalions or Jennifer Connor. (Please don't PM me here).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FS 10 POSTERS:
    ------------------------------------
    If you have made a Flatstock 10 poster it is still not too late to send 20 to us for hanging around town. There are some volunteers distributing and hanging the brochure as I write this.

Posters should include the text:
    A.P.I. and Bumbershoot present
    FLATSTOCK 10
    Bumbershoot, Fisher Pavilion, Seattle Center
    11am - 8 pm Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Sept 2-4, 2006
    Free admission with a Bumbershoot pass

Send them to:
    Jeff Kleinsmith
    c/o Sub Pop Records
    2013 4th Ave, Third Floor
    Seattle, WA

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SHIPPING YOUR POSTER STOCK AHEAD OF YOU -
    As in the past, you are more than welcome to ship posters and supplies to me ahead of time. We will be loading them in early to the locked room attached to our venue space. Itís helpful if you put your name on the outside of the package(s)

I need them NO LATER THAN August 24
    I need them NO LATER THAN August 24

As with every Seattle Flatstock, I am happy to receive them, but I cannot ship them back for you. Please be prepared to send/take them back yourself. There is a FedEx/Kinkos down the street from The Med.

Send them to:
    Jeff Kleinsmith
    c/o Sub Pop Records
    2013 4th Ave, Third Floor
    Seattle, WA

YOUR ENTRY PASSES
    Like last year, we will be mailing you your passes via the United States Postal Service. They will arrive in an envelope with a Bumbershoot mailing label on them. These will likely go out first thing next week. They will be physical tickets that you MUST BRING THEM WITH YOU in order to gain entrance each day. There is NO list at the gate.

You MUST BRING THEM WITH YOU in order to gain entrance each day.

SATURDAY, September 2 // Load-in
    This is the first day of Bumbershoot and the first day of Flatstock. Flatstock begins at 11 am and goes until 8 pm. You will have access to the space by about 8 am in order to start setting up your booth. There is going to be little or no street parking available so I wouldnít plan on driving down to the Seattle Center. You can cart stuff in on foot from The Med since it is that close.

SUNDAY, September 3 // booths // BBQ
    I will be at Fisher Pavilion by 9:30 am to open the doors.

BBQ
    The Synethestic studio folks are hosting the BBQ again this year (thank you!) and this is what they have to say about it:

Itís at The (same place as last year) 21+ (it is a bar and they require a valid ID). It starts at 8PM or right after Flatstock (itís right across the street from Bumbershoot).

We are having it catered this year (no headaches for us yay!) by Longhorn BBQ. The cost or 'cover' is $17 per person and payments can be sent via paypal to: info@synestheticstudio.com The extra $7 versus last year saves us a load of work and Andy won't be able to donate the meat this year, as he has so graciously in the past.

Please specify if you will be eating vegetarian or carnivore along with your payment.

We are required to give a final headcount 10 days prior to the event, so no door payments will be accepted, sorry. The last day to pay is August 24th, 2006.

The Menu:
    Ribs, Chicken, German Sausage, Barbecue Beans, BBQ sauce, Cole Slaw, Potato Salad, Rolls & Butter, and assorted pop and water. For the vegetarians, there will be either sushi (went over well last year) or garden burgers. We haven't gotten that far yet.

MONDAY, September 4 // last day
    Again, I will be there by 9:30 am to let you in. Otherwise, have a good day and make sure all of your personal stuff is out of there. No need to clean up after yourselves, but please donít be extra messy, just cuz you can.

MISCELLANEOUS, BUT IMPORTANT INFORMATION
    WHAT YOU GET:
    5 x 10 foot booths
    One 6 x 2 table and two chairs
    Table skirt and cover
    Three pieces of 4 x 8 cardboard
    I THINK there will be a lap top hookup at the API booth for PayPal-ing customers
    I will be getting a small stash of wristbands for the larger shows. Once you are on grounds you have access to everything for free, but for larger shows you MUST have a wrist band or last year it was a chip. I will have a limited qty of them just for you. The wristband booths open at 11 am so you will have no problem getting them there also since you are on grounds so early. Check with Laura or me.

WHAT TO BRING -
    - normal Flatstock supplies -
    Packing tape
    Rubberbands
    Poster sleeves or bags
    Business cards
    Bulldog clips (aka binder clips)
    Thumbtacks

The booths will be much smaller than what you are used to (unless you went to the first two Flatstocks in Seattle Ė #3 and 5). These are 5 x 10. Think about that when planning your display options.

API BOOTH
    The API booth will be signing up new members, as well as SELLING MAILING TUBES ($5). We need volunteers to (wo)man the booth Please email or PM Laura Stalions.

Thatís it for now.

Iím looking forward to it, and I hope you are as well. If you have questions, email me and Laura but PLEASE donít PM me on GP. I donít log in very much so I may not answer them in a timely fashion.

Godspeed!
    Jeff

Comments

my email address is right below...

Comments

have the booths always been 5x10? or are they a little smaller this year?

now worries either way.

Comments

i think you got taller.

Comments

5x10? so like, if we have the back wall and a table in front of us thatll be fine?

Premium Member

Comments

how many passes does each table get? Am I stupid for not knowing this?

Comments

i think when you signed up you put how many people were in your booth, thats how many you get, i think. i shouldn't think this late.

Let me answer both questions at once:

Passes:
    You get as many as you signed up for on the registration form. "How many artists at your booth?:" Bumbershoot is giving us an an AVERAGE of three per booth. If your address has changed since you registered, please email Laura Stalions your new address right away. lstalions at hotmail dot com

Booth size:
    Last year single booths were 5 X 10 and doubles were 5 X 20. At Flatstock 3 and 5 in Seattle they were 5 X 8. Now that was tight. 5 X 10 is totally doable. Intimate, even.

As for Andy's height, I can't say... I do like the beard though.

Comments

i eagerly await this flatstock.