Gig Posters

Posters: 154962 | Bands: 135070 | Designers: 11471                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Premium Member

Comments

Default Thanks to API Volunteers!

My vote for MVP this Flatstock goes to everyone who spent time in the bucket at the API booth - selling the tubes to happy customers & hearing from the tube sale-haters all weekend long - you guys are proof that Flatstock is a success - more tubes out the door = more posters getting in fans' hands.

I'd attempt a list of everybody that worked the booth, but my brain is still too hydro-deficient to get anywhere near it - so let me just say a big thanks from me & my crew!
    API Local, Member 025 - Hack For Life!
    http://www.fnharsh.com
    http://fnharshdesign.bigcartel.com/

Comments

agreed! i can't say thank you enough. you guys were amazing!

Premium Member

Comments

All credit to Andy Vastagh for the organizing and all. I will admit to being a bit nervous about stepping in there but it was fun and then some. And all the fellow volunteers were great to hang and talk prints with. All the artists made it more than a pleasure to help any way that I could (and then some - y'all are far too gracious for your own good).
    And if anyone knows how I can get in touch with Paul, my deal to move my Emek Tool (Denver 06) appears to have fallen thru. I know he was asking about that one...

Comments

I'll admit it, I was a bit nervous as well, but everyone I meet was so cool it just put me at ease immediately, and I had a great time manning the API booth with Andy Vastagh, Andy, Paul, Francisco, Jay, and Brenden! I can't wait till the next Chicago one!

Premium Member

Comments

you beat me to starting this thread by an hour or so.

i would like to offer enormous thanks to these folks -

jon resh (go-undaunted.com) designed the FS booklet for free, put up with my revisions and awkward scheduling, arranged for the printing and generally does all-around great work.

jason 'blondecobra' jackowiak helped figure out what and how we would get pizza at the hideout.

carrie weston dj'd at the hideout, and played naked raygun and big black.

(yes, i ordered a little bit too much pizza. it was good pizza, though, wasn't it?)

ron vinion drove around town in a chicago streets and sanitation truck hanging posters in the weeks ahead of the event. i know there were others who helped with this, but to be honest, i'm not sure who helped. please let me know.

dan 'crosshair' macadam heroically received the embarrasingly few posters shipped ahead, took care of receiving the cardboard and API tubes, and organized the rooftop "kegga" on saturday night (which i regrettably was too exhausted to attend).

in my mind, the heroes of the weekend were the API booth volunteers, who helped people load in at the start of the event, watched the API booth with andy, and then cleaned up and stayed late into sunday night stacking tables and chairs and returning the park to a better condition than when we got it on wednesday night.

brendan 'yamar' komala
    eric 'mapman' pedersen
    francisco 'francisco' ramirez
    andrew 'unknown gp screen name' larson
    paul 'gordo55' gordon
    andy 'andymac' macdougall
    and
    tanner of print mafia, who i heard also foiled a bike theft.

i know i am forgetting people right now, but these are the folks who are on my big thanks list. tom gilmore and mark pedini did something helpful, but i'm not sure what it was, exactly.

oh yeah: vastagh, peveto, kleinsmith, nels (all present in chicago) and jennifer connor and l.stalions (in absentia) did some stuff, too.
    Last edited by jayryan; 08-01-2006 at 11:12 AM.
    most of the time we never fish!

So who do I talk to about helping out in Seattle?

Premium Member

Comments

l.stalions
    most of the time we never fish!

Premium Member

Comments

I hope that the link works, but all my photos taken (minus one that was just too crappy to post of Bobby running out of the DRDC booth) are posted at photobucket:
    http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l77/Yamar3/

Someone post up if that doesn't work. About half of those pics are in the FS9 thread too.

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

yeah. you dudes ruled the school. thanks for saving my tent from windy city destruction!

and special thanks to everyone who lifted and carried crap for me.

Premium Member

Comments

Did anyone get any pix of the FNHarsh booth?

We shared a tent with PrintMafia.

and forgot our camera.
    API Local, Member 025 - Hack For Life!
    http://www.fnharsh.com
    http://fnharshdesign.bigcartel.com/