Gig Posters

Posters: 155580 | Bands: 135519 | Designers: 11505                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comments

Hi everyone... good friends of mine are setting out on tour in June with an adult oriented/themed, musical puppet show. The show is hilarious and well written and great fun. It lasts about 20mins and is easily set up and broken down. Very easy as an opening act for a music show.

So... my friends are looking for venues across the USA that would be puppet friendly. Small rock clubs are fine (Avail was planning on taking them on tour).

Their tour will head south from Virginia down the coast perhaps as far as Florida or New Orleans, cross along the south to California and head up the coast perhaps as far as Portland or Seattle... then back across through Providence to NYC and then home.

Any club suggestions, numbers and interested parties please email me and I will put you in touch with them. They have a video and promo material to send as well.

Thanks in advance,
    J. Goldberg

Comments

My friend the puppeteer writes:

This summer plays unwitting host to the first American tour of Huckiddy Puppet Theatre. Some of y'all may be familiar with the ropsic and bittersweet drama of Huckiddy, but dig it: Huckiddy Puppet Theatre, (huckiddy.com),is me,Chris Milk, and Cat Spur, my sister. We will be driving across the USA starting June 15thish, meandering thru the southern states, spending the firstish two weeks of July on the west coast, and the lastish two arcing the north, Nyc by end of month.

Our little shit is this: the Huckiddy live show is currently being outfitted to site specific adaptability: galleries, drinking holes, theaters, homes, etc. This laugh and cry affair requires only minimal set up, the actual puppet play lasts, what?, like twenty minutes. Um, we are hoping to cash in on friends rich in culture to point us towards what might be totally awesome puppet venues. Catch me? Some of you staid-o-types may flinch at 'puppet show', but this is no Yaku affair. Shadow puppeteers we are not! This is a musical(!), with guns, and sobbing. Loss, revenge, etal. And fogive my own tooting, but the puppets themselves are fucking rad.

Woo, thats as much as i can type with my one right hand. more info is becoming available as we write/read at huckiddy.com, or please write me with questions and SITE SUGGESTIONS at chrismilk@huckiddy.com.
    thank you, suckers.

Comments

No one here knows of any venues along the southeast, through Texas to CA?

Hard to believe...

Comments

we had a venue in england 5rock but we got banned after an argument over a deposit for using the fockin disco lights!

Comments

Thanks Harry... at least someone said something.

Comments

i'd book it in a second if you were coming to toronto canada. 2 hours north of buffalo ny, can do probably 3 or 4 shows, if not more...

BLR

Comments

GREAT... a definate possibilty. I'll pass this on! Thanks man!

Comments

tjbibles@hotmail.com

pass that on 5rock...

BLR

Premium Member

Comments

San Francisco has a lot of small club type bars that I could see something like that at...Just some names I can think of are:

The Make-Out Room (3225 22nd Street at Mission; phone: 415-647-2877)

The Fillmore (they have an upstairs lounge that always has some random music or show before and after the main acts play downstairs in the main floor)

111 Minna Street Gallery (this is a galary/bar/dance club) phone: 415-974-1719

Hemlock Tavern (this is a bar with a back room that has small bands...could fit a puppet show nicely...phone: 415-923-0923

Bottom of the Hill (this is one of the best places to see a band...really small, good sound, could possibly use a puppet show as an opener...who knows?) phone: 415-621-4455

Well those are some ideas from this end...and they are just my ideas...not sure if any would go for it, but you got some phone numbers and can find out...let me know if you do make it out here...i would check it out...

Comments

GREAT... thanks gig