Gig Posters

Posters: 155569 | Bands: 135482 | Designers: 11505                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Comments

The Academy Awards were GREAT!
    GOOD FORM!

luv,
    Jermaine

Comments

Wow, that was truly amazing. History being made is so inspiring. Let the floodgates open wide!

Comments

I didn't watch the awards... but I heard a little bit about it on NPR this morning. It's cool that Halle Barry won, yeah, fine, but thta crap about A Beautiful Mind getting best film (well, americans are suckers, esp. for Russell Crowe) and WORST OF ALL for best screenplay adaption or whatever?!

Did they get that second one coz they took out all the bad things of the man's life like how schizophrenia wrecked him for years and how they made it seem like "true love" saved him from"madness" (which was NOT the case in real life)?

Or perhaps it was for covering up the dude's history of child-molestation/pedophilia (thus making it possible to give Crowe the award, coz you can't give an oscar to a man portraying a child molester... remember how they overlooked Wm. H. Macy for his amazing performance in Happiness that blew away most other stuff that year?)

well whatever...it's all fluff anyway...

just had to vent that.

Premium Member

Comments

i really wanted to see "beautiful mind" but i cannot stand russell crowe so i'll be missing that one.........Jennifer connelly is absolutely amazing though so i may break down and rent it one day (years from now)..........

Comments

Halle and Denzel...good form.
    Yea, Beautiful Mind was a good film, but LORD OF THE RINGS shouldve won best pic and best director.

Premium Member

Comments

what do think should have won, nolen? a beautiful mind was a great film. russell crowe is a prick. that might actually endear him to some here. but he a great in that role. gladiator? pure shit, nicely executed. best actor? no way. but his protrayal of nash was great. no matter how far from reality it was.

maybe lord of the rings really should have won. it was well done.

i think it was dylan baker in happiness, not macy. ??? great film, but way too dark for hollywood.

halle made a fool of herself, but she is about as hot as it gets. denzel IS cool.

jennifer connelly. glad she won. not only is she hot, but she delivered a great performance. loved her in "the street." too bad that got junked after about 5 episodes.

The worst blunder of the Academy was not giving Owen Wilson and Wes Anderson best original screenplay for Royal Tennenbaums.

Comments

what should have won this year? not sure. most of what came out was drivel.

I think I rented more old films from the 70's this year than went out to the movies...coz I like when content was more important than a big name.

I didn't see A Beautiful Mind and probably never will. It just...you can't change a man's life that much and call it biography. Almost everything I read was either "brilliant oscar worthy blah blah blah" everyone tripping over themselves...or "what the hell did they do to this man's true story? why is it over-acted and so ham-fisted in its sentimentality?" etc. etc. Plus, in an interview on NPR, when confronted with how he helped to change around the story to make it prettier, to take the pain out of schizophrenia and make it hollywood-digestible, Ron "Opie" Howard's response was pretty damn weak and defenseless.

Hmm...whta shoulda won?

Did anyone else see Focus? About the bigotry of good old blue blooded americans towards Jews at the end of WWII.

I know I had to have seen something else good this year? I just can't think of it.

Gosford Park? that was good.

All I have to say is this: Three Kings didn't get a single nomination a few years ago, and that was a crime. But I guess they only like movies like Blackhawk Down, not ones that really show how f-ed up our military is...ha!

Comments

good call Kendra!

Geezus, that movie was pretty damn funny, but the range of emotion it showed beyond that...brilliant work.

Maybe that's my vote for picture of the year, lure.

Comments

Interesting...
    I dont think Halle made a fool of herself with her strong display of emotion. I think shes been through so much in the last 5 years, mainly suffering with negative feelings...depression and all that, which I can first-hand identify with. She's talked about feeling suicidal a few years back, and that she felt so unworthy. As hot as she is, she thinks shes unattractive...and Ive found that with lots of folks I know. Really attractive and talented people who hate themselves and feel so unworthy. The most beautiful women Ive ever 'associated' with have always had low self-esteem. Men, too.
    And too, she's the first African American woman to win this award. When she said that this award was not just hers but was also for Dianne Carrol, Lena Horne, Dorthy Danridge, etc, I felt her on that. Thats straight up big time responsibility...to be the 'first'. Its a heavy thing, especially for someone who struggles with her own self-worth. She wasnt the only one in tears: pretty much everyone in that room was into it.
    Here's to her (and Denzel) as far as Im concerned. I think of all those talented people resigned to playing maids and butlers and servants...or street people and gangsters...all that. Mantan Moreland, Steppin Fetchit (obviously NOT his real name), Paul Robeson...all of em. Its a big deal to say that color doesnt matter when you go out for a film, or write a film, or direct a film. Last night was great...but things are still like they are. Im not a myopian.
    But, just think...if the hallowed ( ) Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame gave their first award for concert posters...and, Lure, they gave it to you. Youd be so overwhelmed, because it would be such an honor. And youd think about everyone who came before you, people you feel deserved it far more than you...people who struggled and set the standard...Griffin, Wilson, Kozik, Chantry, etc. and oud feel so humbled...because you were the first. I dont know...I just thought Halle's whole 'acceptance' speech was beautiful. It couldnt have been scripted any better.