So, I came up with an idea .. and I think it will be pretty cool. The 1" Project. I want to start by saying that this project is an effort to raise some money for the site and will be a future item in the merch section.
The Plan: To get 300 to 600 designers to each make 2 small 1 inch x 1 inch designs. The first will be a self portrait, and the second will be the same image, but with a skull for a head.
The Goal: Hopefully if 600 designers are willing to participate, this will produce 2 30" x 20" full color mosaic posters. I plan to emboss the posters with the gigposters.com logo for authenticity. They will be offset printed to allow for more detail and unlimited colors.
1. You MUST be a gigposters.com designer, and be listed on the site
2. This is a volunteer project, so no compensation will be given. I don't imagine it will take many of you very long to design a 1" x 1" square. If you are not willing to donate your time to participate, thats ok. Hopefully there will be enough people willing to help out.
- Full color (will be printed offset)
- Preferably a head-shot (you can show shoulders or more etc)
- No text please - just the designs
- 1 person in the image only! No groupshots!
- NO white backgrounds - please make sure you either use a solid color of your choice for the background, or design something in the background. This will be printed on white paper - so no white backgrounds please!
- Use any process you like (illustration, photo manipulation, etc)
- Remember - this is a 1" x 1" square - very small! So .. don't get too detailed, or it won't turn out.
- The skull version - I would like to see them very similar to the self-portrait, but with a skull for a face. I'm sure I will allow some flexibility with this, so feel free to email me if you have any questions.
How To Submit:
- Please send 2 - 300 DPI TIF files (in CMYK mode!) to email@example.com (one a self portrait - the other the skull version)
- Yes, TIF files only!! Yes, in CMYK mode!
- Make sure to let me know your designer name
**This is a first come first served project. All designers are welcome. There is no deadline at this time, but depending on how fast they are rolling in .. I will determine when to stop accepting entries and take it to print.
**Please remember this is a volunteer project only to help support the site and keep it going. I would like to thank everyone in advance for participating. Your support is greatly appreciated.
I think this will be a fun project, and I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!
If you have any questions, please let me know.
Here is an example submitted by Tanxxx:
.. and another by DCM: