Gig Posters

Posters: 154460 | Bands: 134607 | Designers: 11442                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Premium Member

Comments

Default Flatstock-Sending posters-Where/how many?

Okay, it's getting down to the wire and we still don't have the slightest idea of how many posters we should bring. We were thinking 10-20 of as many different posters as we can (10 different posters?), but we don't know. How many are the rest of you bringing?

And where are you shipping them to? Does SXSW have a shipping location for FS2 posters or is there any other drop off? Sooo in the dark.

Crap!

Dan
    "…I'mma write amenme a constution…"

Last year we brought everything which totalled nearly 200 designs - BAD IDEA. This year I'm bringing 44 of my designs and 45 Patent Pending designs. For my posters I won't bring more than 3-5 each and in most cases only one of each. Patent Pending stuff will vary from 3-10 pieces.

Last year I made these books/catalogs that, while nifty didn't do a very good job of displaying our wares. This year we made a 3ft x 4ft laminated full color poster/catalog that will attach to the surface of our table. Last year the trouble was that I only had 4 of those books so only 4 people could look at the posters at one time. With the table poster many can view them at once.

Comments

i sitll cant believe you have over 200 designs.

of our 25 posters we are bringing as many of them that we have left as we can, im guessing all told it will be about... 300-350 posters?

im driving from philly with a big tupperware container in the trunk full of posters and promo shit. cant help you on the shipping, anyone have any ideas about transporting in the trunk to minimize damage?

I actually have about 400 or so but they start getting exponentially lamer after 200.

Comments

we are bringing 3 -10 of everything
    the only stuff we are bringing 10of are our REALLY popular ones
    wierd stuff like promo posters we will bring 1 or 2

Comments

It would be a good idea to bring price catalogues. Cheap ones that are B&W copies can be made quite easily. Include description, perhaps a thumbnail picture and the price. Add your contact info including website and state that prices are subject to change without prior notification.

imagine if FS2 is a success and you sell out of certain posters on the very first day. It would be great if you can hand out these B&W catalogues which hopefully will result in some follow up orders.

that's what i would do at least. the again I am not a poster designer or artist so I am just going to show up with a 6-pack of beer and some smokes. i might even bring clean underwear

Comments

You can ship that crap to me and I will hold it:

Factor27
    5604 Delwood Drive
    Austin, TX

may need a van or a couple of cars to haul it down to the CC the day of the show...

Comments

oh yeah our poster tally is 57!
    we did 57 posters (and 6 record covers) in slghtly less than a year.
    whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    even if we suck, we work hard

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by piemel
    I am just going to show up with a 6-pack of beer and some smokes. i might even bring clean underwear
    Just one sixer?

I'm gonna bring a couple copies of each poster I have quantities of. The order form is a good idea. At the last one I sold out of a design quicklike and wished I had the order form for people to grab.

Comments

im not bringing any posters, just a velvet painting i did of richie goodtimes and guy burwell making out

3-5 each of about 50 designs