Gig Posters

Posters: 156357 | Bands: 135967 | Designers: 11549                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Head Honcho

Comments

Default CONTEST: Vector Art

Gigposters.com is sponsoring a contest over at illustratorworld.com !!!

The winner of this months contest get the latest versions of BOTH Illustrator and Photoshop! So get over there and enter!

Here's the contest details:

http://www.illustratorworld.com/cont...ster_03_03.pdf

Good luck!
    *PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH SUPPORT REQUESTS - CLICK THE CONTACT LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE*

Comments

does the artwork need to be created directly in a vector illustration program or can it be hand drawn, then converted?

Head Honcho

Comments

Contest Rules
    Who can enter?: Anyone. Professional, student, or hobbyist. You just need to be an IllustratorWorld.com member (which is free).
    How do I enter?: Upload your art entry like you do any other artwork. But in the comments add the name of the contest and the words 'CONTEST ENTRY'.

Who are the judges?: See the 'Editors' Page. You'll find the judges listed there.

How does the contest work?: Throughout the month (contests usually run one month, with judging taking place over the next week. The winner is usually posted by the fifteenth of the next month) Editor's will select 'Editor's Picks'. These are the Semi-Finalists.

At the end of the month, contest judges review all the 'Editor's Picks'. Each judge picks three semi-finalists.

The top five images with the most overall votes (or chosen from a panel) become the Finalists (Illustratorworld members can also submit one vote- choosing their favorite from the editor's picks for that months contest). All finalist's works will be displayed in an Exhibit at Adobe Headquarters. Finalist's work will also be eligible for the IW Vector Expert Award.

From the top five Finalists, a winner is chosen by random for the software prize. So all Finalist get recognition, one gets software.

Can I submit and older image that I've already created?: Yes. If the same image is posted in your gallery, remove that image first. For example, you may have an image of a guy. You decide to enter a poster contest and use the guy in the poster. That's fine. Just delete the image of the guy before you post the poster entry that incorporates the older image.

How often can I enter?:You can enter as many contests as you like throughout the year. However you can only submit THREE entries per contest. So for example, if we're running a Logo contest, you could enter three different logos of your own design.

If you are a Finalist, and you've already won software, you will not be included in the drawing for software. Sorry. The idea is to get new versions of software out to as many different people as possible.
    *PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH SUPPORT REQUESTS - CLICK THE CONTACT LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE*

Comments

Think they'd dig this?

Head Honcho

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by kevin jones
    does the artwork need to be created directly in a vector illustration program or can it be hand drawn, then converted?
    You might have to email info@illustratorworld.com to get that answer.. I'm not sure...

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Pedini
    Think they'd dig this?
    Consider it dug!!

Head Honcho

Comments

Bumpity Bump Bump! Free software... aww yeah...

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Pedini
    Think they'd dig this?
    Mark, you is a sick man.
    Blog:

http://dangrzecaart.blogspot.com

Printzzz:
    http://www.groundup.bigcartel.com

"brownies are in the oven and my heart is filled with doom."- DWITT

Comments

mark, you kill me!