Gig Posters

Posters: 155148 | Bands: 135183 | Designers: 11479                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS9 help wanted

Premium Member

Comments

Default FS9 help wanted

okay, in response to all the very generous offers made by folks via email, PMs, and posts on GP, i'd like to tell you about some of the things which need to be done for FS9 to happen.

volunteers will get free access to the event. we also welcome helpful/generous spouses of people with booths, or bored booth monkeys, or anyone willing to make a several hour time commitment.

position: catering consultant - friday night there will be a dinner with a dj and beer at the hideout, which is probably the best (ie - most comfortable) bar in chicago. the couple places i tried to get to cater the event couldn't do it for one reason or another, so i need someone with taste (not me) to find and arrange for catering of something "chicago" for roughly 200 people. i will work with this person once some good options have been found. to clarify, by "catering" i do not mean fancy sit-down dinner. i mean someone who can arrange for the best mexican food, or pizzas, or something.

position: api booth organizer - since jennifer connor isn't coming to fs9, we need someone to organize volunteers to sit at the api booth during the festival, in shifts. the api booth will be selling mailing tubes and acting as a "coat-check" for purchased posters (in bags or tubes), as well as trying to get folks to join the api. i will work with this person to get this set, but i can't be in change of wondering where joey is when he doesn't show up for his 3pm shift.

position: api booth volunteer - i need some folks to sit at the booth for roughly 2 hour shifts (?) on saturday and sunday, as per the description just above.

position: fs9 poster hanger - i will have fs9 posters and fs9 booklets which will need to be distributed around chicago steadily in the weeks leading up to the event. if you're willing to put some miles on your bike or car and give me a list of where you've hung, that'd be great. i don't want wheat pasting. i want approved shop windows, coffee houses, schools, record stores, etc.

position: event loader-inner - thursday night, prints which have been shipped ahead to crosshair (as per the info at flatstock.com) will be moved to a field house on the premises of the park. fridfay morning we will have a specific time window of opportunity to load your booth supplies and posters you bring with you into the park. saturday we will be able to load in only between specific hours (roughly 8 to 8:30, i think). i'd like to have some folks there to help carry stuff from cars into the park. i'd like to have people to help load INTO the field house on thursday and friday, and then load from the field house to the booths on saturday. these people should also be available to help load cars AFTER the event, late sunday night.

vague, non-specific job: i would ask chicagoans to help out-of-towners to get to and from the airports. to and from their hotels. offer advice.

at the moment, this is all the help i need. contact me with your eager generosity. thanks.
    Last edited by jayryan; 06-20-2006 at 11:25 AM.
    most of the time we never fish!

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

Prospective loader-inners should note that Crosshair is only two blocks from the field house; so loading-inning will be a non-odious task.
    Crosshair pushing here until its limit the bringing together.

www.crosshairchicago.com

"Every single Crosshair poster I've ever seen is almost exactly the same. Do these guys even have a bit of creativity in them? I mean, come one - shitty old building pics photoshopped with text over them. Pretty pathetic to say the least."

"it just seems like so little effort is put into creating this? am i missing something?"

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by crosshair
    Prospective loader-inners should note that Crosshair is only two blocks from the field house; so loading-inning will be a non-odious task.
    The problem as I see it is the potential, due to bad eating habits and too much beer, that the task becomes too 'odourous'....i.e. Crosshair terminal flatulence, especially in a frieght elevator. Certain API members could kill a person with a short burst.

Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

good one andy!
    Crosshair pushing here until its limit the bringing together.

www.crosshairchicago.com

"Every single Crosshair poster I've ever seen is almost exactly the same. Do these guys even have a bit of creativity in them? I mean, come one - shitty old building pics photoshopped with text over them. Pretty pathetic to say the least."

"it just seems like so little effort is put into creating this? am i missing something?"

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Andymac
    Certain API members could kill a person with a short burst.
    i will be staying out-of-doors during the event, for the safety of the API members.

Comments

Do you have any jobs that I could do from my living room over a web cam?

Premium Member

Comments

bump.

Premium Member

Comments

i think we have the catering done (thanks blondecobra), and i have some volunteers for poster hanging, but i need folks to work the API booth!

an hour? please?

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

Andy Vastagh was looking to come and help. Email him! I told him to email you. I can see if a friend of mine is willing to do it as well.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by jayryan
    i think we have the catering done (thanks blondecobra), and i have some volunteers for poster hanging, but i need folks to work the API booth!

an hour? please?
    I am willing to work the booth, granted I'm not a member, but I'm willing to help out!