Okee, I'm delivering some awesome news and also going to try and keep this thread for updates as I get them.
1. Levi's and The Fader magazine will be setting up a space right off 6th street within walking distance of Flatstock. this will be open from Wed. 12th or Thurs. 13th through Sat. 15th. It will have three things. A gallery for Flatstock artists posters. A section for Levi's to give away clothes. And a section for bands to hang out and play. There will be free beer and food all day, bands from 4 - 7 and we hope artists will have a chance tro mingle with bands and make contacts throughout the day especially if yo uare in town prior to Flatstock. It's set up also for you to be able to wander down throughout Flatstock and take a load off and get a beer.
On Friday after Flatstock closes there will be an Artist Reception from 60/70 - 90. Free booze and Free food. we want everyone to attend so you can actually have a better chance to meet each other and bands that will be invited.
I need posters from as many of you who are coming as possible to hang in the gallery space. if you can ship them to me ASAP they will be hung. I have yet to see the space and do not know how we will hang them but expect worse case to be tacked or taped up. Don't expect to get them back although you might. This is about massive exposure all day long MTV2 will possibly be hanging out to do interviews etc. You poster could easily be in photos and clips in the background. Again send them right now to this address:
5604 Delwood Drive
Austin, TX 78723
I will be setting this up the Monday right before Flatstock so don't drag your feet if you want in the gallery. MAJOR SPONSORSHIP AND MAJOR COVERAGE.
2. Booklet - we are producing 7000 16 page full colour, full gloss booklets. 6000 will be stuffed in the SXSW registration bags and the remaining 1000 will be divided between the API booth at Flatstock and the Levi's event. the booklets contain every bit of every artist's contact info from the registration forms and every image I received from the press kits. A flatstock info page and an API info page.
3. Hanging posters - I will update this ASAP and hopefully API and SXSW will provide everything you need.
4. Wristbands - If you purchased wristbands through the Flatstock registration they will be treated just as if you registered for SXSW. When you get to town go to the convention center and pick them up with your registration packet. You can not come to town and then decide you want wristbands and get them for the discounted rate of $80. they will cost you $115. More specifc details will follow
5. Booth Assignment - it has been set up but we are waiting for finalization from the convention center. Everyone who made requests, they were worked in no problems. Don't write me just yet to find out who you are next to. I will post it later with a floor plan. There is not a "bad" location in the floor plan and it is mixed up so established artists are next to new ones.
6. Electricity and Ethernet - This is still 100% up to you to procure this from SXSW.
7. Art Of Rock Raffle - Paul Grushkin and Denis King along with Abbeville Publications will be raffeling a copy of The Art Of Rock.*1,500 color illustrations, 100 black-and-white photographs, 512 pages, 11 x 13. This is an $85 retail Hard Back BIG ASS book. There will be two copies one to peruse which will be given away to one of the attending artists and one for the raffle. Also 10 "mini" version will be given away. Prob. a $1 a ticket and proceeds go to The American Poster Institute. Thanks Paul!
That is all. As you were... I'm going back to my nap...