Gig Posters

Posters: 156357 | Bands: 135960 | Designers: 11547                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Premium Member

Comments

Default Non-Aerosol Adhesive.

anyone use non-areosol adhesive for doing shirts. my life has taken a turn for the down an unexpected road and i have to move into my shop. i am trying to keep my electronics, records, toys from getting shit all over them. i am looking for the brush/squeegee on kind. i can't find a supplier locally which ones work good? thanks!!!

Comments

there is one called tekbond.
    basically it is elmers glue. you put it in an old shampoo bottle and squirt it on your pallet and spread it out with an old squeegee of sorts. make sure spread it good though or you will get uneven build up and that can come through on your design. it's non-areosol, but still makes a mess of things.
    i don't see why you couldn't use somethinig like craft tacky glue and just dilute it a bit and be fine.
    but yeah, it's okay. i still llike the spray stuff better.

Comments

double-sided tape wrapped around the platen can work.

Premium Member

Comments

yeah a friend told me he likes spray better too. but it get everywhere. i don't care if the press gets all sticker i just don't want all my personal belonging all fucked up. i read about tekbond and albatross brush-tac but i haven't found suppliers.

I use TOP BOND by Chemical Consultants (I also, due to unfortunate turns of events, live at my shop) I put it in a ketchup bottle, add about 1/2 oz of water and shake. Spread a bead along the back of the pallet, and use a putty knife or bondo scraper to spread it around. I find it really clean actually, especially compared to spray tack. I apply it once in the morning, and again after lunch. Use pallet tape and when it gets too gummed up, peel it off and start again.

You should be able to dilute white glue with water and use in a spray bottle? No? Let me know if that works...

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by S.Blake
    You should be able to dilute white glue with water and use in a spray bottle? No? Let me know if that works...
    hey man i ain't you guinea pig! you try it and tell me if it works! hahahaha!

fools thats what i am looking to do. i don't do super high volumes so i am not worried about taking a few minutes to let it set up or anything. i found a place close to me that carries tekbond hv research chemical consultants. thanks!

Comments

it will clog the tip of the spray bottle.
    the pallet tape is a good yet expensive solution to use with the non-spray glue.

Premium Member

Comments

i agree with ya i am pretty sure thet spray bottle would last a day and then glog all to hell. ya i use platen tape already. like i said i am not worried about the press getting sticky or the floor i just don't want everything else to be.

We use large sheets of two sided adhesive film on a roll. Works great. Every 150-200 prints (shirts) you have to wash it down with soap and water to remove lent. After about 1000-1200 prints it's cashed and needs to be replaced.