Gig Posters

Posters: 155198 | Bands: 135206 | Designers: 11481                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Premium Member

Comments

Default SXSW schedule is up

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

Tia Carrera

Comments

holy crap - archie bell from archie bell and the drells at the continental club on friday night! we cover his song (There's Gona Be A) Showdown! and i listen to Tighten Up like every other day!

oh man...i can already taste the rotgut...

blr.

Premium Member

Comments

they don't have Flatstock listed on Thursday - on the homepage schedule
    http://2006.sxsw.com/
    - Beth

HERO DESIGN STUDIO

"The Strawberry Heroes wove a web of mystery to hide their intentions." - guy

http://www.heroandsound.com
    http://twitter.com/herodesign
    https://www.facebook.com/Hero.Design
    http://dribbble.com/HeroDesignStudio

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by buddylee
    holy crap - archie bell from archie bell and the drells at the continental club on friday night! we cover his song (There's Gona Be A) Showdown! and i listen to Tighten Up like every other day!

oh man...i can already taste the rotgut...

blr.
    NO FUCKING WAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!
    I love love love Archie Bell & The Drells... we play friday night too and it's the bbq night... ugghhhh.
    damn!

Premium Member

Comments

If you like the tighten up, go check out Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings at Antone's. They are AWESOME.

Comments

Ok, so I already decided I will be attending Flatstock, but is it really that friggin expensive ($575) to attend the SXSW concerts.

For one, I won't be there until Thursday evening. Second, I don't care about attending any conferences, trade shows, or goodie bags.

Are they selling daily passes, or could you still get in paying the coverage charge at the door for whatever gig is going on?

Comments

hola manuel,

i have answers. i actually am in the same boat - no way i'm payin that much. i called sxsw and this is what they said:

advance tickets for shows go on sale one hour before the show. you have to physically go there and get the ticket.

there are three lines outside each venue: 1 for passes, 1 for tickets, 1 for...no passes and no tickets. that line will suck.

i'll be in the tickets line - so knowing where i'm gonna be in advance is wicked, i can wait for tickets to go on sale.

WHITEY - make sure we connect in austin!!!!! me n springer are bringing...something...for our fellow canadians!

bud.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel
    Are they selling daily passes, or could you still get in paying the coverage charge at the door for whatever gig is going on?
    not daily passes...no. they sell individual tickets for individual venues for the night. get the tickets early. seriously. pick one venue for the night, get there before they open, and get your ticket. don't plan to go anywhere else that night, because chances are that you will fail, and failing is something at which few of us need more practice.

also, you can fill your day going to free shows all around town, get nice and drunk, see lots of music, keep your wallet happy, and go do something less filled with self-important industry blow-hards (and i mean that in the nicest possible way...) in the evenings.

for example, i'm going to see willie nelson at the backyard on saturday intead of even messing with sxsw.

Premium Member

Comments

if you do posters for a band thats on a good label you can get hooked up too.
    "i pretty much think dave has nothing of any value to offer anyone on gigposters.com"-jay ryan
    "im the brown note of lighting"-me

PSTRSTOM-N-DAVE.COM •My Blog For New Attitions To Our Site ROMG!!!! •My Myspace Acct!