Gig Posters

Posters: 156357 | Bands: 135967 | Designers: 11548                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Just looking at jcoopers comment on the Jeremy Enigk poster reminded me of a conversation I had with a friend recently about the trend toward born again-ism. In music, art, skateboarding, whatever... areas which seem to be "christian religious dogma"-free zones are now not. I ask you, whassup with that? And while I'm asking, whassup with Scientology too? Is it a religion or a club for hollywood hobnobbing or a cult or what? So many questions...

I lived in Hollywood for 5 years and I have to tell you, Scientologists are some of the most persitent solicitors I have ever run into. They will HOUND you down Hollywood Blvd.

It does appear that Scientology is the fast track to sucess in this town.

Don't get me started on the born again Christian thing... I will surely end up offending someone

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MaximumFluoride on 2002-03-01 12:35 ]</font>

Premium Member

Comments

i think that no matter how much people want to break free from conventional thought (and religion) there's always that need for a comfortable stable tradition, and here in the western part of the world the ol' standby is christianity......it's a safe haven.......

just look at the hippie movement........they were all looking for something new, but most of them in the end fell back on christianity........

remember the manson family......they thought charles was Jesus .....(look where that got them)......

of course that's just the way i see it......it could be nothing more than a fad.

i've always wanted to learn more about scientology........just to satisfy my curiosity.........what exactly is it?

Welcome to Hell, I'll be your tour guide...
    Comments

the born-again Christians don't bother me.... we live smack-dab in the middle of Fundamentalist country in N GA. When I am asked if I have "been saved", I always respond "From what?".... they hate that.

...it's those chicks that are claiming to be born-again VIRGINS that I'm curious about!!!

we live smack-dab in the middle of Fundamentalist country in N GA.
    But EVERYBODY lives "smack dab in fundamendalist country". Where we are we call it the bible belt. Thats a big fucking belt, from the middle of Canada to Georgia. So where ISN'T bible country?!

Hollywood isn't 'Bible Country". I can assure you of that.

Its Scientology country....

Welcome to Hell, I'll be your tour guide...
    Comments

>So where ISN'T bible country?!

lol!! New Orleans?

Comments

I recently was on the site and noticed a poster by somebody, I wish I knew who did it. Help me guys! It was a nun violently vomiting on Jesus's face while he is holding a cross! This is the type of image that would make millions cry. I on the other hand rejoiced and hit the floor laughing my ass off! It was sooooo offensive. Not to me but I can just see some reformed Christian gettin all bent over it. I was in a rehab a long time ago and woke up one morning with like 7 guys touching my arms, face, stomach etc....they were praying for brother Darren. Apparently news got out from some snitch that I was in my room listening to some band called the Stooges! Shortly afterwards I was asked to leave. Can I get one of those posters?
    Darren Grealish/Monoshocks

In a galaxy, far, far away from the galaxy that Star Wars takes place
    Comments

The ones you got to watch for here in Columbus are the mormons...at least that's who I think they are. Y'know the "You're all going to hell people!"

There is one guy here in town named Brother Jed who packs up the family truckster with his wife, kids, and fellow preachers-in-training and camps out in the middle of Ohio State Campus and yells at everybody. It's actually kind of interesting to watch though (kind of like a live Jerry Springer) and the best is that when he tires and switches with another preacher they high-five each other. One day after high-fiving back in to the fold, Brother Jed admitted that he had committed murder. Everybody kind of looked at him in disbelief and then he laughed and said he murdered a mosquito because it sucked the blood out of the gay person sitting in front of him and tried to bite him and give him AIDS. So, just so you know, Brother Jed murdered in self defense, or so he claimed.

All I got to say is where are the sharpshooters when you need them? There's a big clocktower nearby that would be perfect.