Gig Posters

Posters: 155619 | Bands: 135529 | Designers: 11506                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Comments

Default COMING TO FLATSTOCK2? WATCH YOUR BACK!

I was just telling Frozik that its going to be a sad thing to watch. See...all of us from Texas KNOW and AVOID certain dealers....Their reputations precede them. But lots of you dont know them...and ooohhh are they going to descend on you like flies on a carcass. Be careful.
    ASK QUESTIONS.
    ASK OTHER ARTISTS.
    The little chunk of cash they might give you in Austin that weekend wont pay for the headaches some of them will give you later.
    I promise you...they WILL show up. Theyre licking their lips...cant wait to sink their teeth into some of you. Ask Frank. Ask Lindsey or Charlie.

TRUST ME...dont think YOU are the one artist who can 'get over' with these guys...

Premium Member

Comments

First they're going to have to get past my body odor.

Plus, I have little to sell, and can't imagine it's anything a dealer would want in the first place.

Comments

My main problem with these idiots is not that 'I' am getting ripped off. It's chump chnage.

But ,what REALLY pisses me off is RIPPING OFF THE COLLECTOR.

It's like shitting where you eat. It's fucking INSANE.

One bad deal can bum out a collector and make him quit collecting FOR LIFE.

I USED to collect helmets. Then this very clever asshole sold me a well-crafted fake. Now I NEVER buy helmets..so every OTHER helmet dealer is losing out.

I can never understand the fool that will RUIN IT FOR ALL to make a few bucks. Why doens't this asshole buy and sell REAL shit?

Comments

I'd say that the benefits to being a no-name "locals only" designer are starting to show... nobody wants to buy my posters. Much less become my "dealer"! hahahah... being so small scale has it's advantages.

Have you thought about posting a "Ten Least Wanted Dealers" thread?

What COULD happen? HOW do the 'scam' their unsuspecting victims? What If I'm selling a poster for $20 and the dealer buys it for $20, how have I been suckered? What are their schemes? Please elaborate.

Comments

at the last flatstock one dealer guy from england kept trying to bargain us down
    we said sorry- the price is the same for everyone
    he wanted our stuff at like 6 bux a pop! fuck that

All of my dealers come from sources I trust. Right now I only have 2 or 3 dealers that I would like to add to my list. I don't think any of them are from Texas. I definetly know the names of the guys I DONT want to deal with.

Thanks to some of the bigger artists for the heads up on these guys.

Comments

Cheap fucker...

(I hope I can sell anything for $6)

Comments

Jeff:

Dealer buys say all your shit for 20 and advertises it for 30..it starts selling so hey bumps the price to 50...the customers who send in the dough get a call..sorry more dough or something else.

all they remember is "I GOT BURNED ON A KLEINSMITH'

that scenario is why I left Artrock.

Comments

aside from that a dealer who sells color fotocopies of an orig. poster (see EBAY SLIME thread) leaves lay people buyers (who dont know much about printing tech) w/ the impression that THIS is the artist's poster. plus by selling off numerous "copies" he lowers the value of the orig. pieces.