Gig Posters

Posters: 155313 | Bands: 135336 | Designers: 11496                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Premium Member

Comments

Default Alternative Apparel

Has anybody made the switch from using American Apparel to Alternative Apparel? It seems that it's still made in america, but with a softer more vintage feel. Anyone own a shirt or two and could give us the low down?

Comments

i actually just ordered some and they were really nice tshirts. they are softer for sure, a little more fitted, and longer than american apparel. you cant beat the price either. i think they are like 3.90 a piece standard, where as american apparel non-case singles run about 6 bucks.

Comments

oooooh! longer!! i have a stupid long torso.. i would really, really be into this, and i was about to place a big american apparel order this week.. is it a safe switch? i've been really, really curious..

Comments

Alternative apparel is about an inch longer than american apparel in the size large. but, yeah i think its a pretty safe switch. i had to place an order with them cause american apparel couldnt guarentee their stuff was gonna get to me on time and i needed it quickly. the people who the shirts were for were much happier with alternative apparel (vs. american apparel) on account of how soft the shirts are. oh! and the lady i talked to on the phone was super nice, so thats always a plus!

Head Honcho

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by windflame
    It seems that it's still made in america
    http://www.alternativeapparel.com/default.aspx?id=156

manufacturing facilities in five different countries
    Sweat-shop free has been a marketing tactic used by domestic competitors to mislead buyers that all imports are made in sweat-shops. That is simply not the case. We at Alternative Apparel use only the highest quality factories with the highest skilled employees. We are committed to insuring the well being of our employees.
    Thats why they can do it cheaper ... sounds good to me.

There's this American Apparel store a block from me .. its so stupid... a store full of blank crappy t-shirts that are SO expensive .. more than every other store sells printed shirts for.
    *PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH SUPPORT REQUESTS - CLICK THE CONTACT LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE*

Comments

so they appear to be $4, assuming they are giving me wholesale prices, since that is how i logged in.. does anyone know why there are no price breaks at like a dozen, and what size a case is?

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Clay
    http://www.alternativeapparel.com/default.aspx?id=156

Thats why they can do it cheaper ... sounds good to me.

There's this American Apparel store a block from me .. its so stupid... a store full of blank crappy t-shirts that are SO expensive .. more than every other store sells printed shirts for.

Lithe, sweaty models don't come cheap man. Costs have to be passed on to the consumer...

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

We use them more than American because their shipments are dependable. Also, the ladies prefer the longer cut so their beer guts don't hang out.

Comments

those shirts are beaut!

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by bwhitla
    so they appear to be $4, assuming they are giving me wholesale prices, since that is how i logged in.. does anyone know why there are no price breaks at like a dozen, and what size a case is?
    I just got off the phone with them. Their pricing is slightly lower thank American Apperal stuff and the case size for Girly shirts and Mens t's are 72 pieces.