Gig Posters

Posters: 155690 | Bands: 135549 | Designers: 11510                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: The Clash

Comments
    Items for Sale

that's the sort of good idea that will cause rioting and needless bloodshed.
    Last edited by standard; 01-17-2013 at 08:09 AM.

Comments

I can think of a few people that I would like to see pay homage to JS by fronting such an event but Lint is not one of them. A sad fact is he is the only one that would help them make ridiculous money.

It would be a headlining act on the Warped Sewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob
    that doesn't sound like a good idea at all.
    hear, hear

(why buy the Rancid catalogue when you could get "London Calling" and be done with it?)

Comments

I LOVED early Clash & I loved Joe Strummer's solo stuff and Joe Strummer & the Mescaleros. I was SO SAD when Joe died.

Comments

oooh the Pogues. yeah, I loved both shane & joe with them. Did anybody see the documentary about shane mc gowan?

Quote Originally Posted by tinker
    oooh the Pogues. yeah, I loved both shane & joe with them. Did anybody see the documentary about shane mc gowan?

Was he drunk?

Comments

Dear Shane,
    Please get your yuck mouth fixed. Damn.

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by tinker
    I thought that was a really sad documentary. He was fully loaded every minute he was on camera and nobody in his family appeared to think this was a problem. He's just pissing his life away.

That said it was an interesting movie and I would recommend it but when he drinks himself to death I will not feel bad at all.

Not everyone will "Get" the Clash. The Punk "fuck you" sensibility of the Sex pistols mixed with West Indies reggae and ska and American Rock and Roll in some beautiful primordial ooze. The resulting arrangements yielded THE seminal band of modern Rock music. Their influence is monumental to anyone who has taste for good popular Rock music. It's funny. I love the Clash, but I used to hate Rock the Casbah. It was overplayed on the radio at the time and swamped early MtV. I almost felt like the public was missing the "Real" music they had to offer. That may be partially true, but time has healed those feelings and I finally like that song. You can't Judge Combat Rock by the other output of this band. They were in transition. Mick Jones was being seduced by the burgeoning beats of the Boogie Down Bronx and the drummer was soon to go off the deep end with Heroin. If you really understand the magnitude of this Band you will know that their stand at the Bond in Times Square must rank at the top of Live Rock shows of the last century. The Beatles in Hamburg. Elvis comeback in 68'. Hendricks at Woodstock. These are the performances legends are made of. (I left out Stones and Zepplin only because not knowledgeable about their best shows but yes they are also Gods of Rock.)