Gig Posters

Posters: 156255 | Bands: 135944 | Designers: 11546                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Clash

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumFluoride
    I like the Celtic Frost comparisson though. I'm pretty sure Celtic Frost is one of the most crucialy over looked band in the history of all music. Thier influence is immense.

But not unlike the Clash... once they started to suck.. man they really fuxxing STUNK!
    "Cherry Orchards," the glam cover photo w/ unbuttoned pants...broke my heart, just like the first Danzig LP (vs. Samhain).
    Super-absorbant, for those messy spills:
    Forbidden Eye Design | Chateau Vulgaria

Comments

Never really cared for the Clash. Since I never really cared all that much for them I never bothered to dig any deeper into their history.

That supermarket song is pretty OK.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by ZELIG
    Get Tales from the Damned next.
    cool, i will.

Premium Member

Comments

A million years ago, maybe 1991, I was in NYC visiting my girlfriend. She wanted to go see Lydia Lunch do her spoken word gig, and I wanted to go see the Pogues with Strummer... So, after sitting through Lydia Lunch, who was pretty entertaining, I headed for the pisser. On my way in, a little man in a funny hat backed out the bathroom door and bumped in to me. He turned around and said "Sorry mate!"... It was Mick Jones. B.A.D. was hosting some party in the VIP room, and Mick didn't want to wait for the bathroom. Being a huuuuuge fan, all I could say was "You're Mick Jones, I love you". He said thanks, and backed away slowly toward the heavily guarded stairs to the VIP lounge.

I. am. fucking. cool.

Comments

that's pretty funny.

Comments

Any of you folks who love The Damned ever hear Give Daddy the Knife Cindy by Naz Nomad and The Nightmares? Well, you should check it out. By the way, I also love The Sex Pistols and The Damned. On a ridiculous level.

Premium Member

Comments

love them.
    saw the Combat Rock tour, but they played
    some good songs, too.
    "I guarantee, the image will not be fade off and you will be pleasure it too. " - a bootlegger
    We need to print a tshirt "Avoid sucker effect!"-Fabio
    "fudge isn't sharp"-phoondaddy

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by j.o.s.h.u.a.
    Any of you folks who love The Damned ever hear Give Daddy the Knife Cindy by Naz Nomad and The Nightmares? Well, you should check it out. By the way, I also love The Sex Pistols and The Damned. On a ridiculous level.
    i got that naz nomad album in chicago when i came out to see the kozik/burwell/jay ryan art show. it is awesome. i love the damned on what i can only imagine is an equally ridiculous level as you.

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by j.o.s.h.u.a.

It's pretty good. They did that whole thing as a lark doing secret concerts as Naz Nomad where they would wear bad wigs and pretend to American, and it somehow attracted a lot of attention to the point that an album was released.

You should get "The Whip" an old compilation that has a Naz Nomad song on it "Just Call Me Sky". It's short, but worth it as there's also a Dave Vanian solo track on there ("Tenterhooks"). Cleopatra reissued it a while back with extra tracks that featured their bands, and on the whole it's a pretty entertaining comp.

It's still readily available in a lot of record shops, but I'd also recommend "Damned but not Forgotten" which is some odd B-sides and previously unreleased tracks (all Paul Grey on there, including an instrumental version of Billy Bad Breaks). It's another one of my top Damned picks as it has "Some Girls are Ugly Too" and versions of "Thanks For The Night" and "Disco Man" with Captain on lead vocals.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by kozik
    Clash=posuers.
    Clash=lame
    Clash=Cash

And when it comes to "cash" you run away from it right? Sit the F*** down.