Gig Posters

Posters: 155148 | Bands: 135198 | Designers: 11479                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Premium Member

Comments

Default poster favorites

This is a way to store your favorite posters for later viewing. Each poster page would have an "add to Favorite Posters" button when you're logged in. There'd be a link on the site called "Favorite Posters", where you could browse the the ones you've selected - in a manner simililar to browsing "new arrivals", and there you can remove any you no longer want to save.

For the database, it'd just be a matter of setting up a new table with feilds of user_ID and poster_ID. The "add to Favorite Posters" just adds a new row, and the "Favorite Posters" page itself pulls all poster_IDs with the matching user_ID. So it'd be pretty easy to set up I think.

Another possible idea off that would be creating a page displaying the most popular posters, the ones with the most poster_ID's in the favorites table. That way the most liked posters get more exposure, aside from the few POTW ones. In order to prevent fraudulent accounts being created for means of self-promoting their posters on this page, you could only count favorites coming from users with a certain number of posts, 200, 500, or whatever.

Comments

I kinda like the first idea.
    "ENM is pure sex." - Frank Kozik
    Portfolio • Photos • Blog

Head Honcho

Comments

Yep .. been suggested many times before .. and its on my massive to-do list. Would be very cool.
    *PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH SUPPORT REQUESTS - CLICK THE CONTACT LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE*

Premium Member

Comments

id like to have a section where i have all my fav threads where i make fun of people at a glance.
    "i pretty much think dave has nothing of any value to offer anyone on gigposters.com"-jay ryan
    "im the brown note of lighting"-me

PSTRS• TOM-N-DAVE.COM •My Blog For New Attitions To Our Site ROMG!!!! •My Myspace Acct!

Comments

I've thought it could be cool to have "viewed xx times" on the left when you view a poster...

Premium Member

Comments

Ok, then here's another idea building on the favorites, a little more complex - forgive me if this one has been brought up too.

If you have data on someone's favorite posters, you could begin suggesting artists for them to check out based on that data. It'd be a matter of matching their data against those with similiar choices. Same concept as what amazon.com does based on your past buying choices and wishlist data, or this site does based on music you listen to: http://www.last.fm/

With the number of posters on this site, and the size of the community, that could definately work. Another great way of getting artists more exposure.

Head Honcho

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by ruralrooster
    I've thought it could be cool to have "viewed xx times" on the left when you view a poster...
    Way too much overhead to track statistics like that. There are tons of very complicated and interesting stats that I could track and display ... but I could never afford a server that would handle all that.
    *PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH SUPPORT REQUESTS - CLICK THE CONTACT LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE*