Gig Posters

Posters: 156080 | Bands: 135803 | Designers: 11529                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Flatstock 8

Comments

Default Flatstock 8

Hey folks,

Flatstock 8 is coming up March 17th and 18th. So we want to get a jump on it and start working on promotion and details.

Some discussion from the last SXSW included limiting the number of booths and going three days. We have basically unlimited space in Austin so we do not have to limit unless a consensus thinks that's a good thing. I can see both sides. Less people means potentially more sales for the artists there. However I don't like to exclude anyone if don't have to. So thoughts on this is welcome.

On extending the number of days. SXSW is much different than Bumbershoot. Bumbershoot runs three days during a holiday so people are not having to get off work to come to the show. If we went three days here it would be Thursday through Saturday. Sunday is out because SXSW is over. We've never done Thursday because stats show SXSW attendees usually come to the Convention Center once during the conference. Also we think alot of the traffic is local and Thursday would be impacted by work schedules more than a Friday or Sat. that's why we have only run it for two days.

if the consensus is to extend the days I'll see what SXSW says and let you know.

once the dates are completely set we can start making flyers and handbills and get them out way early. SXSW has a street team for us but last Flatstock we didn't have very many posters sent to put up.

We will be sending out press releases early and we are working on sponsorship again already.

So let me know your thoughts and let's help these suckers keep growing.

Comments

Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!! Three Days!!!!!!

Premium Member

Comments

no limit on size

Three Days.
    And size shouldnt be limited, ESPECIALLY for API members.

Comments

yeah, i'd say no size limit too. that room is huge.

Comments

also hotels. I need to know if you guys all want to try and get a block of rooms at the Wellesley or another spot. Wellesley is the place where a lot of you were year before last that looked like it was going to be closed down last year. It's across the highway from the convention center down about a mile.

here's rates:

http://2006.sxsw.com/register_to_attend/hotels/

let me know soon and if enough folks want a specific place we'll get a block of rooms. typically we've reserved about 20 rooms for 40 people in the past.

Premium Member

Comments

definitely book the WELLESLEY! the Holiday Inn South sucked last year. wait, does wellesley have a shuttle? they gotta have a shuttle.

i don't really care if it's two days or three days. i plan on spending the whole week in austin.

extend the hours a tiny bit. it felt like we got there a little too late and were leaving a little too early. just a little though. i want to have enough time/energy to hang out afterward.

there must be some limit to the number of booths you can shove in that room. but i don't think you should exclude anybody until you reach capacity. i know i complained about the number of people last year but only because i was never able to make it all the way around. i'll have to get a booth monkey.

Comments

we are using less than a quarter of that room. it would be a huge ass Flatstock if we filled it. maybe 500 artists could fit in that sucker.

extended hours can happen. Keep the ideers coming Jennifer and I are meeting with SXSW in about a week.

Also I met with them this week and they wanted to remind any one interested to submit art work for the sxsw merch this year.

Comments

i'll be attending this here edition 8 of flatstack. im of the opinion 2 days of the actual exhibition is enough, but i can also see how 3 days would be beneficial.

so, im not really any help at all.

geoff, youre a smart guy, i have faith in you, oh great one.

Head Honcho

Comments

I like more people and longer hours myself.

.. I also like more people checking it out and buying stuff.

Just a thought - would everyone be willing to pitch in an extra $20 or something for an advertising fee? That would be at least $2000 that the API could put towards advertising of some sort .. (yes .. I know they already do quite a bit ... but the more the better!!). If the Austin Flatstock events continue to grow in the # of booths, we really need to bring more people in to balance it.
    *PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH SUPPORT REQUESTS - CLICK THE CONTACT LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE*