Its up and running now. (but I'm sure its not perfect.)
Please post any problems or suggestions here, and I will continue to improve it.
It is at the point now where it works for me. So... its time for you guys to break it.
Let me know what you think...
One gerneral thing I've noticed so far that I wanted to suggest to everyone...
Please try to capitalize things properly. It really makes the site look better. I know.. its picky.. but I'm just going to have to correct it anyway
example: something -> Something
so far so good, the posting process worked fine on my mac. sorry, though i have a habit of not capitalizing anything. i'll use caps next time, clay.
Seems like the process worked good on mac with IE. How long should it take for the poster to appear on the site?
A couple other problems that are happening:
- People are not following instructions. I will try and improve the system.. but you guys must read and follow what it is saying.
- 600 pixels MAX .. many posters were too big
- gig posters ONLY (not art shows or promo posters.)
- missing designer names. (you can't just put your name in the box. You STILL HAVE TO choose it from the designer list if you designed it.
- Capitalization. I had to fix up over half of the posters. (I know.. this one will never be perfect... but the more people that try to get it right, the better)
- Band names - Some of you did not put in any band names for the posters. You MUST put in all the band names on each poster. Thats what this site is all about.
Anyways.. this first batch of about 100 posters gave me more ideas to try and make it bullet-proof. Regardless.. it did work, and it did save me time, and get your posters up there right away.
More improvements to come...
Ok ... 2 things..
#1: I fixed the poster size problem. You will not be allowed to send anything bigger now.
#2: When will they appear on the site? Well .. right now.. I am still fixing bugs and stuff.. so its really whenever I can. I am hoping in the future though, it will be at least once a day.
aaargh! I noticed people aren't listing the BANDS when they submit posters! So when I search for a band name I'm MISSING OUT on all you brilliant designers' brilliant creations...
Well. I'm glad to see that some people can follow instructions! It seems to be getting a little better, but I will still have to improve a few things. (error checking, and a better way for me to assure that all the band names are entered and correct.)