Gig Posters

Posters: 156080 | Bands: 135798 | Designers: 11529                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Comments

Default OFFICIAL FLATSTOCK 2 REGISTRATION INFO...VERY IMPORTANT

FOLKS THIS IS VERY LONG BUT READ IT ALL PLEASE

NO DEALERS CAN PURCHASE BOOTHS
    After lots of phone calls, e-mails and meetings here it is. Ron Suman helped drive this home on the SXSW side and it was no small feat. He got us EXCEPTIONAL deals for what we will be getting and where we will be setting up. I will be talking to each of the attendees through e-mail about a couple of things for the reception and Ron. He deserves a lot of thanks for convincing SXSW to sponsor this. They carry a lot of weight in the music industry and we will all get something out of this convention.

go here for Jermaine's hotel info:

http://www.gigposters.com/phpBB/view...805&highlight=

Flatstock 2, presented by South By Southwest and The American Poster Institute, will be held for two days, Friday and Saturday March 14th and 15th at the Austin Convention Center, Austin, Texas. To display at Flatstock 2 you must fill out the online registration form. Once the form has been submitted to SXSW you will receive a contract and request for payment from SXSW. Fill out the contract and remit payment before Feb 14th 2003 to reserve your display artist booth for the Flatstock event. You can have the contract mailed, e-mailed, or faxed to you. Expect 48 hour acknowledgement of receiving the form. Actual contract receipt time will vary depending on how you wish to have your contract sent.

Booths can be shared but are limited to TWO artists/studios per table. If you plan on sharing please indicate who you will be sharing with on the form. If you are sharing both artists need to contact Ron Suman @ SXSW and let him know how you will be paying for the split. Preferably one artist can remit payment and work the split between each other. Cost is $135.00 (US) per booth and SXSW will provide set up and tear down of the table and chairs. You only have to show up with your posters and any banners or signage you may wish to hang. The booth style is "pipe and drape" and you can hang banners, posters, etc. with pins or hooks / wire. Booth dimensions are 10' by 10' and contain one 6' x 3' table and two chairs. Poster show booth DOES NOT include: electricity, phone/fax lines, internet connections, audio visual equipment, labor, shipping, receiving or any other amenities not specifically mentioned in the contract you will receive. If you require any of these you must contact SXSW for cost. IT IS EXPENSIVE and this is a Convention Center fee not SXSW or API.

You will also receive 2-4 Exhibitor Passes per booth. Each artist is allowed to have an assistant which totals 4 people per booth. The passes grant you access to the convention room prior to the event being opened to the public. They are important for set up and tear down. These passes do NOT permit entrance to any SXSW Conference or Festival activities EXCEPT the Poster Show and are to be used solely by the representatives of the contracted, exhibiting company.

SXSW Music Fest Wristbands and SXSW Music Fest & Conference Badges are available for purchase at the lowest rates and you must indicate the qty. desired on the registration form. The form can be mailed, faxed or e-mailed as you indicate.

By purchasing an artist's display booth you are allowed to sell original poster art and promotional materials such as t-shirts and stickers for your studio ONLY. You may not sell band merchandise or other non studio related materials. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. Failure to abide by these guidelines can result in ejection from the event.

The fact that SXSW is co-sponsoring this event with API is opening more doors than we ever could have done on our own so this is a small trade off for the future benefits that will come from following a couple of rules. SXSW is THE SINGLE LARGEST MUSIC CONVENTION IN THE WORLD. These two days will be as much industry related exposure as you will ever get in that short of a time span.

There is a tentative plan for an Artist reception on Thursday March 13th. It will be held at The Mercury on sixth street from approx. 1 - 6. Timing of this party is based on SXSW guidelines for venue festival participation so this time will possibly change. Plan is to have bands, some free beer and a full bar to buy as much hooch as you can swill. More details on this as it develops.

PLEASE DO NOT DRAG YOUR FEET ON REGISTERING. Tables are limited and the previous list of artists planning to attend is just a placeholder. YOU MUST SIGN UP AND PAY TO HOLD YOUR TABLE. Deadline is Feb. 14th. You have approx. one month to get it in.

Go here for Flatstock details on where to send press and your posters if you are pre-shipping.

http://www.flatstock.com

Go directly here to register:

http://www.flatstock.com/registration.php

WHEN FILLING OUT YOUR BIO LIMIT IS 35 WORDS
    you may submit longer bios with your press cd for the Flatstock page. This bio space on the registration form is for SXSW publications only.

Attendees are encouraged to create promotional posters just like Flatstock 1. If you do please include "South By Southwest® (or SXSW®) and The American Poster Institute (or API) present"

If you are making commemorative t-shirts and plan to sell them DO NOT include any SXSW or API information. Selling the shirts is still a question but this is the rule as of now. They may need to be promotional giveaways.

Any additional press and promotion you can do on a national or local level is also great. Any posters created can be sent to the same address as your other posters. Flyer versions of designs are also great and can be widely distributed.

Please address any questions to either Ron Suman at ron@sxsw.com or Geoff Peveto at gpeveto@factor27.com. Make sure the subject of the e-mail contains the words FLATSTOCK.

Comments

Aaah you know what would be great is to have a cd give-away with press bio's for every participant and digitized samples of his/her posters.

Welcome to Hell, I'll be your tour guide...
    Comments

Geoff, you rock.....

Thanks for all your hard work!!

Comments

PM asked a very important question earlier today. Since SXSW will be providing pipe and drape set ups for the booths can you bring a rack display system. if any of you remeber Jagmo's set up at FS1 that is what she is talking about.

the answer is yes you can. It needs to fit in the 10' by 10' dimensions of the booth but since there won't be any "wings" or dividers betwen booths if you can sweet talk the guys next to you it can dangle over.

here's what I'm talking about

Premium Member

Comments

I have 2 questions...since I have never been to this...are most or anyone planning to get wrist bands...I cannot afford the badges...just curious if that is what we should do...I guess the only way to see the bands? Is everyone going to see the bands? Or will most be hanging out during the nights?

Also are we going to be able to put some promo material in the big bags that they are passing out? If so, I may want to print more cards than I am planning...

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by GIGART
    I have 2 questions...since I have never been to this...are most or anyone planning to get wrist bands...I cannot afford the badges...just curious if that is what we should do...I guess the only way to see the bands? Is everyone going to see the bands? Or will most be hanging out during the nights?

Also are we going to be able to put some promo material in the big bags that they are passing out? If so, I may want to print more cards than I am planning...

Wristbands help to get in to "hot" shows. badges aren't that necessary unless you want to hit the trade show. they do get you to the front of lines though.

I'll ask about the promo in the bag thing. I think that's pricey and you need a few thousand. For this event though there is no way you can bring too much promo material. you can lay shit all over town and it will get picked up.

Comments

also come in as early Thursday or sooner because the party is shaping up to be from 1-5 on Thursday afternoon the 13th.

ARTIST PARTY THURSDAY THE 13TH 1pm - 5pm

Comments

Right on! the online form works swell. Thanks Clay and Jason.

Just got Arminski, Tara and Darren's sign up. You will receive the registration stuff from Ron so be on the look out for it.

Press CDs are important so SXSW will have images for their publications and we can make the new designers page for FS2. We will keep the old one so people can see who attends these things. We'll do the same for the gallery when we get new flatstock posters.

Dig Frank showcasing Altieri's tool shed on the gallery page.

Get kracken!

Premium Member

Comments

I just sent my registration, it seems to work fine. Man, as far as wristbands $85... I think I'm just going to go to the skatepark and the liquor store.

Thanks Geoff!

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by j
    I just sent my registration, it seems to work fine. Man, as far as wristbands $85... I think I'm just going to go to the skatepark and the liquor store.

Thanks Geoff!
    It works. I got it. Wristbands are like $100 or $110 now so if you guys do decide later to get them go through me or Ron. There are lots of free shows during the day just a couple of blocks from the CC and we just got a new skate park and we have lots of liqour stores.

okee nighty night this stuff and Noel's giant ass Mephista poster I just printed has got me whipped!